Natural Balancing System

I had nice short morning to prepare my trip ‘home’ (still between apostrophes). I must admit that I’m excited although I didn’t pack my stuff with such spirit. I did it very slow like I held something. But no, I packed very well to the last minute (actually I left my precious sketchbook and face cleanser so far). Like the real pulang kampung style, I brought 2 medium-sized boxes and 2 mighty duffel bags. It looked wow but actually I brought two Benny’s paper lampshades and bedding in my duffel bag that gave volume but not weight. I was over 14 kgs. Not bad.
Bali sun. I asked myself if same sun also shines elsewhere because it feels so special here. My first touch with sun always gives me different feeling. It lifts me up!! And more after I see Pak Ana, my bodyguard cum driver (or the other way), I belong to the place. And more, Mbok Komang’s husband who met me in the gate the past few visits to help Komang and I doing necklace business. He is our middleman. I’m home!
Vic is right about natural balancing system he introduced me yesterday. He holds one meaning, I apply to more meanings. Work, good friends, sun, nice atmosphere, and many more are part of my natural balancing system. While a friend a bit in doubt about my balance, I feel very balanced. It’s my other side of balancing system that needs to reach out some times. I don’t feel needy about it. I have enough treasure inside me. I just reach out.
Well, I stopped by Toko Central – handicraft material supplier – to gather ideas more than to need something. I ended up shopping a bit for my recent creative ideas. And again, I asked Pak Ana to stop by my long time stone sculpture supplier in Singapadu. The couple was so happy to see me. I hugged Ibu Ribek, she is so dear to me. They were excited to tell me their latest R&D results. I always admire Pak Sugem’s creativity, he is truly a businessman. I spent quite a long time with them selecting stuffs for both shops. I’m really excited to see nice people and nice stuffs. What a luxury!
I maximized my trip. I stopped by a shop selling temple accessories to, again, gather ideas. I ended up buying quite a lot for Ubud house and shop. I will return for more but need imagining first. Ah, I'm happy again. It’s already dark when I arrived at Pallava. Ngurah and Pak Agung had waited. Nice people.
Shopping in supermarket is another challenge. I had long shopping list like student enters boarding house for the first time. I’m ready to prepare emergency meal this visit. I bought some cooking materials and condiments. It took me long time inside supermarket because I didn’t know places. Not yet. It’s almost 20:30 when I got into house. All tired with many shopping bags.
I unwrapped my table from its cover, unrolled kilim, turned on lights and music. I just tried to make a bit nest before sleep. I still have Mount Agung work for the house but better save it till tomorrow. I fried egg (after setting appetite on instant noodle but had to cancel because I found no bowl!!) and ate it with brown bread and strawberry jam. My first emergency meal in the house.
Funny, I feel very fit in the house. Even gecko didn’t say hi. I made my bed quickly before taking shower. Good Mbak Kris made the bedding easy to fix, I got it less than 10 minutes. I look forward to sleeping in nice bedding within my standard… I mean my smell standard. And also I let curtain behind my headboard open so can enjoy morning sun tomorrow, if I’m lucky to sleep till late. Often I got up before the sun even shining. Grr.. Grab your natural balance!
Photo of Pak Ana’s canang in car, his natural balance system.