Sunday, June 24, 2007

Fight Procrastination!


Yes, last day finally. I had no choice but to wrap up house as fast as possible. I only had short morning before my day in Pallava. Maria promised to deliver my purchase to Pallava in the morning so I waited at home. I had time to yoga too before shower.

It was almost noon when I got in Pallava. I was overwhelmed by the amount of work I should do. Ugh! It’s always like this. I sat and felt blank looking at things. So many. Ngurah was nice. He cleaned my merchandise one by one while waiting for me to order. I began to move things one by one and before too long I was very much into decorating. It was fun. I moved and put new things quickly. I giggled. It seems that I would never have a treasure-hunt-style shop I want. I like neat style still although it looks merrier now with small and low priced stuffs.

I felt like fainted around 15:00. I hadn’t had lunch. Pade was nice to accompany me to a neighbor resto, our favorite. Gossiping time, we call. I learned more about managing art shop, being single, and who acquired what (Ubud gossips). It was hilarious.

Time crawled. When came back, I realized that I still had to pricing and hang price tag. Aaah! Then Pade's friend came over. He is owner of a famous chain hotel around Asia, a Malaysian. We had a good laugh learning to speak naughty Balinese. It was fun but my time went shorter (I had all the time actually but I preferred to be home before dark). I made it quick. Ngurah helped me with pricing. I’m bad as usual. Of course. Ngurah and Linda are front liners. They know the market. Like Pade said, I should attend my art shop to know the market and help potential customers to decide. I will I will I will…

Good timing. I caught Mbok Yan just before she went home. I had a chance to get facial treatment. I like her face mask, fresh avocado and papaya. Very refreshing. An hour passed. I finished the day very well. Nice shop, nice face.

Photo of a part of Pallava.