Some Loose Ends

Some times I feel funny about diligently posting every day in my blog, my little world. Indeed my little world. I keep all my treasures here: my thought, my dream, my fear, my friends and relatives, my belonging,… I seldom feel keeping a blog is a special activity one can do but having blog-hopped others in Blogger I know, it is special to share with others using blog.
And sharing the link to someone I know is another challenge. I believe I’m not alone in this issue. Strange sometimes that people can be more open to public rather than to loved ones. It always took me long time before deciding to share my blog link to friends (I don’t remember I have shared the link to my family except my sister!!). Well, why should I feel that way? Who cares about my daily life anyway? I lose some of my past avid readers which is very understandable. I am nobody, even if I am somebody (s)he knows, it’s tiring to follow someone’s up and down all the time. But sure, I thank my present avid readers for checking out every day, or every now and then, like reading newspaper. With deep bow!
Blogger’s Blogs of Note gives me inspiration from time to time. It exposes blogs Blogger considered as good ones. Some only have less than 20 posts, some are innovative, some are very technical, some are quite irrelevant for public, but some can be really creative. I found one about Ubud today. It’s been exposed since a few days it seems but I missed it. I’m glad to find it because I need Ubud activity news and for sure the gossips :-) Who acquires what, who moves where, who owns what,.. Ha.
So that made my morning. I also worked! To my surprise, Mellita sent me another batch of Glass Negatives Project to be translated last night. Hm. I was in the mood to finish it this morning but I’m clever this time, I will send it later so she won’t send me more work. Not that I don’t want to do but I also need time to do my own stuff.
I haven’t decided when to leave for Ubud. My spirit has flown there actually. I could feel the house atmosphere, the smell, the green, I miss my Ubud house. I don’t have excuses. I’m just too slow to prepare my trip. I need to work a bit with Linda to decide what to bring for Pallava, then I need to collect my paper work to do in Ubud, while I'm finishing up some loose ends here. Just little things but many. I don’t function well in the evening the past few days as I prefer to read my new interesting book Eat, Pray, Love. Kate is right, so hard to put down, even for sleeping. Now how to juggle work and read?
Stop at 7:49.
What a busy morning! Nice. I did another necklace for Peggy and had sent it over. Finished some household chores and made travel plan with my travel agent. I will be on-off Jakarta again the next one month at least. I am so happy to be able to make Ubud plan finally. I was so excited to prepare the house ‘once again’ with Ngurah and Pak Agung. This time I also asked for vases of sedap malam (tuberose), a gallon of mineral water, and a bottled gas. I have pictured myself in routine with milk, bread, and egg in the morning. Simple pleasure I could not prepare myself in hotel :-)
My spirit was high. I went to color hair and cut it short, real short a la Pieter. If you followed my style last month, this time is a bit shorter. I got a bunch of spectators – stylists and visitors – while getting the haircut. Some tried to picture themselves in the style. Pieter challenged each one who dares to try. We had a good laugh. I looked at myself in disbelief. Am I that crazy to have this extremely weird style with extremely asymmetrical length in both sides of head? Only Pieter and I could see there’s nothing wrong with the style. I’m happy to know that I could ‘wear' the style well :-)
Not much for the evening. I may have to sort out necklaces once again, which go to Hess, which go with me to Pallava. It’s a nice busy day with tying some loose ends.
Photo of an Indian goddess at Asian Civilisations Museum in Singapore.