Treasure Hunt Shop

I slept well although chopped in three, at least. There are mornings when I don’t know what to do and this morning was one of them. I feel bad for having a lot of ideas but no drive to move. I moved Agus and Adi instead. I asked them to change wall-hanging and tidy dining area. I feel much better but still stuck with a bunch of ideas I have.
Sister Dina congratulated me for my courage this morning. Which courage I don’t understand but I thanked her anyway. It’s nice to know someone is able to see courage in me. I always feel that I’m a great hesitater. Too much thinking, too much considering.
I had strong will to start building up treasure hunt shop style in Pallava. I’m inspired by many shops in Tanglin shopping centre and Holland village in Singapore that have such style: shop full of small nice ethnic things. I remember Frangipani was like that when started because I put various stuffs people might like. When I turned Frangipani to focus on bigger art objects, I thought I had made progress. Now I understand that I don’t make progress, I simply changed style. What I’m going to do in Pallava is not a set back then. Simply different style. I need to convince myself about the style I choose because I still like minimalist for high-end market. I should put the style aside for a while till Bali tourism back. Bali is visited mainly by traveler, not people who really need rest and shopping.
I will do better of course. I won’t do homeware anymore like cushion covers, candles, incense, and others to use. I would still focus on decoration or art object – although less in value (because partly mass product though limited) and no super presentation (I could think of low cost way to do this). I made a list of what to buy while digging ideas what I can produce myself. I always want to make wind chime out of old cutlery or kitchen utensils. This is the time.
In the process of creating, I feel alone suddenly. I need someone I feel comfortable to talk to, to discuss with, to share me ideas,… What I did then sending text messages to some same-interest friends to discuss what I had in mind. I made appointment to 'craftmen hunt' with Benny and Simon in Ubud next month and treasure hunt with Vic in Jakarta next week. As I have known where we would go, I prepared the list to materialize my ideas.
Grr… I should not feel alone. As an artist, if I may call myself, I should be able to let go and work by myself. Still. It’s just nice to share ideas with other creative mind…
Photo of colorful glass in Muslim section in Asian Civilisations Museum in Singapore.