End of Trip

Thursday, June 7
I didn’t pack up my stuffs well this time. I don’t want to get caught in Jakarta airport but I didn’t pay extra attention where I put my necklaces in duffel bags. I carried Benny’s two puppet dolls with boxes and filled up the rest space with dirty laundry and scattered necklaces. Strange I could fit all stuffs in two duffel bags and gave Benny to keep in his hard suitcase my cube lamps and metal branches for display from Ikea. All were packed well. We were good team.
Again, we had long breakfast in cozy simple café near apartment. I learned more about making hand woven textile. I liked to see Simon’s sparkle when he described the fun of mixing material to make a good cloth. He produces good quality cloth. Thing he does whole heartedly.
We went back to Tanglin shopping centre to check out more shops we hadn’t covered yesterday. We finished the tour faster than we expected. I brought them to Holland village for more art tour. It’s good that they got contact with a textile artist that has nice little shop. Both parties were happy to meet each other and looked forward to having collaboration. I’m happy for them!
We decided to go to Changi airport early as we had finished in town. We had nice talk during our long waiting there. More bonding and planning. I realized that my long schedule ended in this trip. I haven’t made itinerary for the next 2-3 months. I might have to slow down to lay out bigger plan calmly. I have big plan to revamp Pallava before summer.
We walked out customs safely. They asked me to only check my big tote bag through x-ray. I didn’t have anything there. My trolley and two duffel bags had scarier scene :-) It’s good to be in the last flight in (I thought so) because they hurriedly left their workplace together with last passengers out.
Hugged Simon and Benny. Shall we meet again?
Photo of us. I was running for timer that made me looked scary.