Monday, June 4, 2007

Pure Friends

Sunday, June 3

I packed very slowly last night. I didn’t think much, I only selected black for my outfit this time. I like to wear black when attending stall because the color won’t mix the color of my creation. I also wear black lava stone only for necklace. Not busy…

Anyway, I awoke several times as usual. I got up early, packed up my computer, and did yoga – a bit longer this morning because Chiko joined me on the mat. He sat on the mat and played with me while I was stretching. So lovely. I could not stop as I enjoyed having him around. So rare. It’s a bit later when I realized that I could be late. And I was late! Benny and Yuke had waited in airport when I arrived :-)

We chatted and giggled since we met. We are all orang Jawa so we talk Javanese some times. It was fun. Benny and I talked about Indonesian arts – thing we both like and enjoy. What’s fun about these two friends, we could be open to admit our stupidity. And it’s true, our stupidity showed uncontrollably ha ha… Selecting taxi for our many luggages, entering apartment, selecting food, shopping in Ikea,… I really enjoyed my time with ‘pure’ friends. Not close, not long, but I like to call them ‘pure’ friends.

This is my first time traveling with merchandise. I have asked Suzanne for her tips to avoid customs’ inspection. Customs okay but ground handling in Jakarta airport is scary. They feel like they have the right to open our bags if they see interesting stuffs. Open is okay for inspection but they also feel to have the right to take anything they like. I have the experience. I was a bit worried later after I realized that I have put a bit too much necklaces in the checked-in bag, plus my metal mirror stand that might attract them to find out further.

I didn’t have choice but to let go. I did smart though. I fixed a plastic cable tie to seal the zipper. To open, they have to cut the tie, not just the lock. When I got Changi airport, I checked the seal first. It looked twisted by still intact. I was not sure but I was glad. And later, I found mine is safe but not Benny’s. He got his lock cut but stuffs seem safe. Amazing! My theory is right. They have the right to ‘shop’ in our bags…

We are going to load our stuffs into the venue this evening. I have done repacking because all are in easy packages. Benny is still busy folding his batik. He has a lot and pretty messy in a huge bag. It gives me time to write though. We are staying in someone’s apartment that we saw the ad in Jakarta newspaper. The rate is half of a modest hotel – three stars – in Singapore? I’m easy so my other two friends. The room is simple and ‘empty’ – no towel, no blanket, just aircon and TV :-) And I’m lucky to get ‘free’ wi-fi I catch in my room. I hope it’s secure enough. It’s slow but enough to open mailbox. I hope it could also open Blogger, but uploading photo might be difficult. Enjoy my plain post then…