Thursday, June 14, 2007

Closets Decluttering


I slept very well. It seems that I need to be physically tired to be able to sleep well. I got up fresh before 4:30. As always, to start a day since dark is nice. I online chatted with a friend and Sister Dina. So fresh. Nice.

I had scheduled the day as declutter day. I had planned to declutter my wardrobe closets since long. I really have to give up my office wear since I know I would never wear them again. I had decluttered about three times in almost 9 years off office. Today was the last batch. It’s so hard to let go of good quality outfit. I was surprised to see the size. Some blouses were in huge size like 2-3 size up. I don’t feel small now but it seems that I’m shrinking 2 sizes. I have to admit. I could wear a little dress I keep long time because I want to wear such style but hardly managed to get my body through. It went through today. So I keep. The rest were well distributed among nieces and cousins. I’m glad they don’t mind to wear mine. I agree with Yaya that my wardrobe stays in shape because I hardly repeat and maintain it well.

I talked with Rini on phone for two hours but still I could finish selecting and wrapping in three hours. I made it quick. The key is don’t think too much. Just throw and forget. In the end, I managed to wrap them in six huge paper bags (I didn’t take each out its laundry plastic-bag). So nice to see half empty closets now. I keep all my batik and kebaya and have thrown all irrelevant wardrobe. Nice.

I tried to select my custom jewelry collection but only found my energy had depleted. It’s another small project but has to be done soon too. Then I will have a quick look at handbags and shoes. I would hardly throw both away for many reasons. I have a nice and classic collection. I can keep them longer.

Hm.. what a nice day! I’m ready to read but so sleepy now. I may take a short nap now to extend my waking hours. Another luxurious day has passed!

Photo of Chiko today, my simple pleasure.