Saturday, June 23, 2007

Life Celebration!


I slept late last night. When I awoke, it’s already bright. I felt good in bed enjoying time that has run close to an end. Two more days and I will be back to my Jakarta routine. I don’t look forward. Life is too good here.

I waited for my computer to start up while looking around desk. My! I still have a lot of unfinished homework I brought from Jakarta. And more, I still have a mountain of stuffs to select and pack. I called Pak Ana but he was not available so I decided to stay home half day.

I saw my neighbor bungalow had occupant yesterday so I visited him after shower. I feel bad because I sit facing his front door where he sun-bathes. I'm careful not to make him uncomfortable having me staring at him. Alan is best friend of Margaret who leases the bungalow till January next year. She is not well in Australia and Alan is so nice to come from his house in Sanur to check the bungalow every other weekend. We chatted for half an hour about each other’s life and life in general. Alan looks good in his 58. He is surely a happy boy who never regrets his decision to spend rest of life in Bali. I am not alone to have decided the same.

I made a quick taking stock to know the size of homework I should do the last two full days. I sat in carpet and check out beads and cords. I tried to figure out what I need for ANZA coffee morning next week and Pallava. I’m overwhelmed by the amount of ideas and works. I contemplated while cleaning beads with baby oil. Hm..

I checked out Pallava around noon time but didn’t feel like decorating again. I left my note at home and many other excuses. I asked Ngurah to take me downtown. I walked to Pasar Ubud after lunch at Casa Luna and was mesmerized by the tourist crowd inside the market. They were all over that made vendors happily panic. It’s a very nice view. Busy market in the afternoon, so rare.

I could not continue with my plan because the street was crowded. A barong passed with troops of people in truck playing live gamelan. I stood by the street, being an Ubud-ian now, I’m still a tourist with new way to see ordinary things. This is Bali. So unique.

It was hot. I sat in shop where Ayu works and chatted with her friend. I learned a lot about managing an art shop. The girl, Metri, had worked in other famous art shop in Ubud for 7 years. She’s good. And more, we talked about silver and tailoring business. I’m happy to have met her. Now I can come up with ideas especially doing silver jewelry. It intrigues me still to do this. I have to conquer this area. So after almost two hours sitting and chatting with Metri, I’m ready to challenge a new venture again. Meanwhile, Pallava made a good sales while I was chatting. It was a long negotiation since yesterday and I won today. I am in the moon!

It’s a perfect time to celebrate. Mbok Yan and her junior, Ayu, had chosen this Saturday night for us to have dinner together. I asked my Ayu to join. I’m happy that Mbok Yan came up with a restaurant to go, a Japanese restaurant. We giggled a lot. Chopsticks. Wasabi. Boyfriend. They are fun Balinese who speak a lot of Balinese. Strange that I could understand what they say although passively. We shared our dish so everyone had a bite of every thing. Nice share, nice atmosphere. It’s a real party for me. What a good day with good sales in both shops and of necklaces. Ya, I left the necklaces with Hess and Peng before I left for Bali. Both told me that they sold quite many. Even I have to take order from Hessy’s friend. Anyway, I have many reasons to hold a celebration!

Photo of us this evening.