Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shake It Up!


That’s what my friend told me last night knowing me in not-so-good mood the past few days. Yesterday was quite bad. I felt it since morning and got worse in the evening. I felt alone and none was right. I took the advice to sleep early (not the advice to eat to beat the mood – food hardly affect my mood).

I got up fresh this morning. True, sleeping is a good way to reset mood. I don’t feel alone and the worse thing is... I’m back to my normal need (need less / no one around). I remember Rad told me yesterday (it’s funny some times, I got back what I have told someone) that she took my tip about respecting person who detaches. Thing I believe, thing I don’t remember well.

Well, I was pampered by Benny and Simon’s friendships for five full days. I was spoiled by the comfort of having constant discussion about things we like and can develop. I forgot that I don’t always have friends like them around, like pop up instantly when I need, to share my passion and like. Even they are available out there, I cannot just tap their shoulder. They have their rhythm too. So that was me yesterday with bubbly ideas and no one to talk to had frustrated me. And more, I blamed it on myself for not making time for friends to take me out. Ha ha silly…

I feel much better now. I finished translating for Glass Negatives Project of Museum Nasional. It had been in my inbox for almost two weeks. Good that Mellita emailed me last night. Yea, I had it in mind but hardly kicked myself to start doing. Nienke had scared me the other day, she said it took her more than five hours to do Dutch to English. Grr… I finished it in three hours minus yoga, played with Chiko, and had breakfast. I remember, Nienke did it manually because she is not good with spreadsheet. Ah glad.

I decided to stretch myself today after cocooning all day yesterday. I went to check out Imagined Affandi, an exhibition to commemorate his 100th years. I’m glad I had pushed myself to go before the exhibition ends next week. It’s a great event to exhibit artworks by 64 well-known Indonesian artists. Most of them painted according to the theme, Affandi. Very very nice. I don’t remember the last time I felt goose bumps while enjoying good artwork. I would like to go again some time next week. It would be nice to go with someone that has same passion, just to share the goose bumps.

I had a good day with good art and more... I realized three things today:

1) I like to push my capability to a limit to know how far I can go, examples: making collage and necklace. I might stop or continue. I could not hold either.

2) I’m able to delegate if I want. I found this out when I realized that my staffs could iron my linen clothing much better than me. I don’t know what the secret is but their work stays longer while mine creases in a few minutes. This is the fruit of having less time to be perfectionist. I let them iron for me now, almost all of my clothing, which never happened before :-)

3) Like no 1), I also like to explore a friendship to a limit to know how far both parties can go. I dedicate my time and attention to a new friendship to know the category: business partner, seasonal friend (holiday only, project only), good friend, or… real deep friend. No time is wasted to find the category. We need all categories :-)

Now I’m happier, much much much, than yesterday. My friend should not be worried about me.

Photo of Agus Suwage's painting on Affandi.