Monday, August 18, 2008

It’s full.


What a day! I was on my way out of compound when Steve’s staff stopped me. He handed me a piece of paper he took from my rear wiper. It says something really bad about my car! It must be from one of my annoyed neighbors. I understand that he must have suffered the past weeks (or days if he stays in one of the villas). It took me 6-10 minutes every morning to get my car engine to start. I had discussed the problem with cousin Aga but he said that it would be costly to repair and no guarantee still. It’s an old car and spare part is rare in Denpasar.

Fine. I need this kind of neighbor. It kicks me real hard to make a final decision. Yes, I will sell my car soon. Very soon! I’d been thinking long time but didn’t manage to materialize because of so many factors. Put the issue off is one. But today is the day! I didn’t delay, I contacted persons that could help me to make this happen. It’s done in a few hours. My plan has laid.

I worked in Pallava since quite early (my time). I moved some stone statues to Neru so Neru has a bit of Pallava to show. It took a few hours to arrange things here and there. I felt a bit low for I had to work with Ngurah. I didn’t want to amplify the feeling but it just came helplessly. My friend noticed right away. He cared so we sat and discussed how to deal with the situation. Ngurah is not ready to accept the new arrangement because now I live around unlike the first three years he joined. And I’m kind of too soft to tell him that things have changed now. My friend felt for me and shared me tips. The nothing-to-lose tips. I agreed with him.

Done with two, nephew Dhana texted me about Mama was going to hospital with ambulance. She had stomach ache since yesterday and was too weak today. I was on phone since then. Glad Mama was in good hands. Auntie Indre looks after her. Doctor said Mama needs good rest because photos and tests show good result. I don’t know what to say. I know Mama knows that she needs good rest and that she hadn't had a good rest the past weeks.

Tomorrow would be another busy day for me. My childhood friends called to surprise me. They stay in Sanur and want to see me in Ubud. My other good friend would drop by from Benoa. I don’t want to plan anything for tomorrow now. I take things one at a time. Today is already full.

Picture of photographers during Perang Pandan in Tenganan.