It's a jump.

I feel physically tired. New place, new rhythm, old issues back home. I haven’t come to a new routine. My new routine is sending regular texts to Tante Indre asking about Mama’s progress. Mama had undergone endoscopy this morning. Said the doctor didn’t see any abnormal. Like I always believed, though one could not be too sure, Mama is in 'normal' condition. It’s something she ate that wasn’t accepted by the body that had caused it. The good news is she had started to want to eat and wanted to go home.
I didn’t do much but did many. I accepted a small work from Museum Nasional to translate. I reviewed an agreement. I imported more music into my iTunes library. I also learned how the Filipinas work, not much different from the Indonesians. The girl I interviewed said that she and her husband don’t have time to relax. The option is to relax but no money. They just got married two weeks ago.
Well, I thought and talked a lot about the concept of bungee jump the past days. I found the concept quite applicable to any situation in life. Yesterday I congratulated the Heritage chairwoman for having such a great idea to promote young artists through the Heritage that I thought it’s a bit complex to materialize. Not wanting to discourage, I emailed her Like all, let's bungee jump to find out. She told me that she said jump in the meeting but should have said bungee jump instead.
As much of a risk it is
to follow your joy, it’s
a greater risk not to follow it. When we don’t follow our joy, we die before we die.
Robert HoldenMy day wasn't bad at all. A good friend had made my day. We have stayed in touch for years but rarely had a chance to meet up. She spends her time traveling from country to country and when she’s around I’m not. Today, out of the blue, she sent me a quote. It was a nice surprise that I thanked her for thinking of me. Her reply touched me. Jauh di mata, dekat di hati. It tells all about my feeling these days.
Picture of traffic in Manila.