Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's shorter.


I learned to say No. My good friend invited me to have coffee in his garden in Sebali. I wish, I said. He’s nice though, he shared excess plants from his garden with me later. He’s inspired by my garden project the past days. Nice. The spirit is getting higher and higher. I couldn’t wait till I see more bushy green surrounding me.

I ran errands since morning. I trimmed my morning chores to be able to go out early. Almost successful. Two shops I visited in Pasar Ubud just opened, so late! Business is quiet, they say. I had to dig their merchandise out to find what I need since they hadn't prepared their stalls. Ah me went too early. Outside the sun was already high.

Later I sat with printing shop boy more than an hour working on my design for Neru name card, receipt, and blank card. I had to hold my breath to keep my patience level high. The boy didn’t show enthusiasm. He was busy rubbing his itchy eyes. The ice broke after I handed him an eye drop to ease his eyes. We worked faster and with light heart. Pheww..

When he asked who I am in Neru; I told him that I’m driver, courier, and shop-keeper. He stopped writing for a second while mumbling Ah, you are the owner. That’s when I realized a shop owner’s job descriptions. All-round. Yes.

More, I ran here and there to get things done. The sun was higher and hotter although the breeze was still cool. I went to bank, supermarket, and post office; dropped by Neru and Ayu’s shop before home. I panted getting home at 2 in the afternoon. Four full hours but many in task list have been ticked off.

The task list is getting shorter and shorter now.

Picture of San Agustin Church and Convent in Intramuros, Manila.