Is it too late?

Celebrate bad staff? My neighbor friend started our celebration ritual again. He fired one staff today. And I’m stuck in one. He is lucky to have the heart to change staff once he doesn’t feel fit anymore. I have 'high standard' in recruiting staffs but Ngurah is special. He was in when I hadn’t choice because I hadn’t lived in Ubud three years ago. It’s 'too late' now.
Yes, the new activities in the new shop have brought out the real Ngurah. He couldn’t keep up. He came out with ideas today. Close the shop during lunch and close the shop two hours before the time. What a day you are facing! My friend giggled.
I was not slow though. I hired filler today. Ayu. She agrees to work part time for Neru that is four hours per day plus a full day on her day-off in the shop where she works now. I reminded her that she also needs a day-off. I need money and stop shopping, Bu. Fair enough. I’m glad that a part of the issue has solved. I still need to find another full-time staff. I will do later soon.
I also had a chance to have discussion with my 'controller' Metri. She is so good. She helped me talking with Ngurah about business principles – thing I could not do myself. If I don’t have hope, I feel I don’t need to talk further. Not a good leader. I was good but not lately after I release myself from issues that stuck on my way. I choose clearer path now. But yes, escape is not the answer. I will do better next time.
Today I become one who studies food label in supermarket. I have fetched my medical examination result in Jakarta and my cholesterol level gets the highest attention. It increases since the last check-up two years ago that already showed above standard level. Hm. My BMI (Body Mass Index) shows I’m underweight but I have to start diet soon.
Now I understand what it means being over 40. Metabolism changes. I might not have problem with weight and body shape but inside is something else. My new diet in Ubud has contributed to my health. I don’t eat much but I have veggie with mayo. I eat cheese more. Also supermarket snack for fun as I noticed my weight went down. And chocolate! I could finish a bar in a day. I’m angop (greedy) for chocolate!
My plan is to start paying attention to my meal time, intake, and exercise! I need to discipline my meal time. I have started to select the food I could have with the help of articles and online information. And I will join my 'celebration' friend to exercise in what-he-called exclusive gym in Ubud. I look forward to having skinnier but muscly body.
Picture of starter I had in a small resto owned by Japanese.