Isn’t it nice to be back?

I don’t remember the last time I took night flight going somewhere. Went to Beijing in 2001? Ya probably. I remember I just got flu that gave me hard time. I could not sleep that I needed a few hours before noon upon arrival to catch sleep before started the day.
I sat on the floor by a travelator near my gate in Jakarta airport last night. All seats near the gate were occupied and the gate still closed. It was close to midnight and all the nice lounges have closed. Even one that says 24 hours open. It seems my flight and one other are the only two left for the day so understandable that other businesses don’t operate at small hours.
Waiting is fine but not knowing when the plane leaves is something. I talked to a Filipino who often flies that hour says the chance to get the flight on time is 30:70. Fine. It’s just the hour is odd. I found myself couldn’t function well. I was not yet sleepy but preferred not to read. I could only stay online for half an hour and the rest of the waiting spent sitting idly listening to iPod.
The last hour before the departure at 2 (two hours late) I could not sit without fallen asleep. Orang kampung used to sleep before 11. So I stood most of the time. Lucky people who travels with friends: either they had a good time together or they could just let themselves sleeping because friends could watch over.
It’s good though. Once I was on my seat, I didn’t know when the plane finally left. I guess it took some times. I fell asleep right away. It’s nice that my two neighbors didn’t go to restroom the whole trip. Yes, I sat in the aisle as usual. I slept about two hours only but had really good sleep. I felt like gone… Spending the rest two hours half awake was easy. I’m glad.
So this is my second visit to Manila. I went here first time fifteen years ago. Not many I could remember about places but I feel it looks pretty much the same. It’s just nice to see other city that makes Jakarta looks better. I don’t have many to complain about the city. I talked with my girlfriend the other day that after living in Indonesia hardly any place in the world has nice warm art-mosphere. Having traveled the world, she agrees.
My friend gave me city tour in the afternoon. It’s just nice to be back.
Photo of Makati Sports Center’s roof.