Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Have you got the good news?


I just got up. I feel tired. In Jakarta, I don’t have enough time to exercise and my sleep is light and disturbed. I know that I should stay longer so I have time for myself and everyone. The past few visits I managed to sneak out from people’s sight so had all the time for myself. Not this visit. It’s high time to start sharing my new life in Ubud with loved ones I have abandoned long time. Or better say, with loved ones I have left without adequate information.

I started the day early. I got haircut. One of the most important elements in my spirit. Yes, haircut does a lot to my spirit. I feel fresh and full of ideas when I change my hairstyle. Pieter gave me a style I wanted from a magazine. A young boyish model wears the style and it happens she has the same characters of hair. It looks really nice. I love the way Pieter gave texture to my hair. I got girl-look on the left side, and the boy-look on the right. He cut my fringe pretty short that I gasped. But as usual, I hardly ever felt disappointed with the end result only in the opposite. I love the haircut! It is so nice to cut my age another ten years.

It’s my fan club day yesterday. A friend called my circle my fan club. He could be right. I’m lucky to have surrounded by nice people who are eager to see me when I’m in town. It’s so different than the time I lived in Jakarta, it wasn’t easy to see all my cousins. Today, I sat with almost all of them. Amazing. I spent all afternoon with seven cousins who arrived from many directions. I feel honored that they made time to meet me. They said they liked to see me to learn how I went through all these. It was fun sharing. They don’t know that I also learn about myself at the same time. I learn from the way they perceived my experience. Nice!

Hardly had enough time with cousins as always, I had to run to meet my good girlfriends in other building. I’m touched that they organized the dinner to meet me. It is so nice of them. Five girls from different parts of the world knew each other in Jakarta. It’s always nice to start with life updates then compare notes about food and other cross cultural experience.

I got home with severe headache. I got it since got up and got worse by the time. But I feel happier, another homework is ticked off.

Picture of Chiko. He likes to be close to me by sitting on my bedroom window frame.