Are you sure?

There are three expressions that sound so familiar to me the past few weeks: ah you’re so lucky, congratulations, and are you sure?
When I told about my shop, many said I’m lucky. When I shared about my experience in Pura Samuan Tiga that I got all wet of rain, they said I’m lucky since day zero. When Ketut visited my new shop, he said I’m lucky because there are many cicak on the wall even before ngulapin. So I kept that in mind, I am lucky.
Congratulations! For? For the new shop or my new life in Ubud or both. I have started to share about my new life in Ubud even with not-so-close friends. I spoke about it with ease now. It’s the fact that I have put in the open the past week. And that entails to…
Are you sure? Many of my cousins are still denying my decision. They still believe what they see I’m doing now is just temporary. That I’m in Ubud for the time being to prepare a new shop. That I will be back in Jakarta life again very soon. That I wouldn’t dare to live by myself facing all the complication of being all alone. Hm.
Just now my good friend told me that I’m the lucky few in the world. What I’m through requires great maturity, openness, awareness, and experience. Ah ah… I know but I don’t know. That I’m among few. Is it hard to be one?
My friend has declared today is the first day of practicing “the now habit”. He described it as a major life change. I felt small already because I always thought that he’s good in managing life chaos. I saw he had no room for procrastinating. I was wrong! There is procrastinator in every person it seems and for one who is aware of that, the feeling of not doing things “now” is enough to make one feels the need to proclaim a new spirit.
Anyway, yes, he has inspired me to do the same. Or more precisely, to remember to practice the same. I drove back and forth to moving stuffs from Pallava to the new shop. I pushed pushed pushed myself to not ‘waiting’ but to do it now. My time is very limited and I try hard to avoid working overtime on the last day before the opening on Wednesday.
I made it. The shop has looked more or less done when I left before dark. I will see my controller tomorrow morning to review the prices. Different location, different era, different prices. I look forward to seeing the shop grows…
Picture of the shop sticker on my Jeep. Yes, it’s neru.