How could I forget that?

Neru means bringing out the best potential in each person. Through accumulated practice and training, we let go of the ego that covers our true personality. Neru reminds us of washing raw silk to softness, and of tempering hot iron to strength. With our good character revealed, art becomes a celebration of life.Your big day, a good friend reminded. Ya! How could I forget that? I awoke around 2. Was I nervous? It’s my fourth baby, Ketut Neru, so I shouldn’t have felt nervous. My first, Wayan Frangipani, has graduated and left home. Made Pallava is still with me. Komang Una is adopted by my cousins. So two kids are with me in Ubud.
It was cloudy when I started preparing myself. I started early as I need to do things myself. Mbo Made Jepun shouted when saw me passing wearing the special costume for the Balinese. I stopped and reported. I really like her and her mother. They have little kiosk in near my alley. Mbo De paints a la Penestanan, the tiny figures in paddy field. The Ibu shouted louder when I left Kamu jegeg!
All my Balinese friends came later, I appreciate. I could cry for their unlimited time and attention they shared with me. My first shopkeeper in Pallava, Ketut, is businessman in the area, Sanggingan. Within three years since he graduated from my shop, he owns two big shops now. He sent me a huge bouquet yesterday. And today he arranged the melaspas together with his brother-in-law. I had taken half of his business day.
My also ex shopkeeper now friend Ayu came with two boxes of kue and a nice cute bouquet. My controller Metri came with a huge box of tape cake she made herself! Wow! And more, my two closest girlfriends in Jakarta sent a nice bouquet all the way from Denpasar. Ah! When they said they had spent time after an art meeting to thinking of my new baby Neru, I almost cried. Another busy good friend had spared time to sit in the garden sharing the good time with me in Ubud. Am I deserved to get all the attention?
The ceremony lasted almost one and a half hour. I loved the idea of ringing bells in the space. I could feel the space cleared up. It's a nice way to start the new life of the space. I've attended various Balinese ceremonies, I feel that Balinese way to start a new anything is proper. Discard and recharge. Cocok. It's all based on positive energy.
After the ceremony, I had a nice chat over lunch with the two Sanggingan businessmen: Pallava neighbor and Ketut. Also later with Mas Imam the artist and his wife before went home. They were shocked to learn that I have moved to Ubud full time now. Shocked and happy at the same time. I’m also happy to know that Mas Imam is well-known Javanese balian in Payangan now. He’s going to heal my insect bite wound that still leave mark.
I must say I am rich with good friends who truly share their life with me. I’m optimistic.
Picture of me and the two Sanggingan businessmen today.