Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Do I feel motivated yet?


This week I’m celebrating the first anniversary of my first week in the Ubud house. The date falls on last Sunday. I still recall the feeling of spending the days and nights in the house without proper and sufficient equipments to live in a house. Of course I had started to shop for the house in that first week but it took me months to be able to say this is the place for me to live not just to stay. I like to take time in shopping for house. I don’t rush since I need to get the feeling of living in the place before starting to shop more.

It was pouring since last night. I got up fresh a bit late this morning. My life in Ubud resumes. Loaded laundry in the machine, mopped the porch and kitchen, ironed the last batch before I left for Manila, and prepared fruit juice in a new way. Mama liked to tell me that having guest at home and visiting other house is a way to enrich our life. It’s true. I have adopted some of my guests’ habit after they stayed with me (shower outside?) also learned from others I stayed with (wash dishes without soap?).

I noticed that I seem not to have motivation to prepare food. I thought I didn’t have appetite but it seems that’s not the real issue. I was just unwilling to prepare since I felt I wasn’t that hungry. I’m one who could sleep with empty tummy. That’s bad and I was wrong! Actually I could eat when see ready-to-eat food. Anyway, I start diet today. Diet to eat! My #24 jeans had fallen half way the other day, or always?

I plan to 'renovate' my kitchen. I have started with stocking up more varieties of fruits and vegetables. I bought a book about the science of raw juice to know what goes inside my tummy without actually consuming unsuitable ones. What a life after 40! Like an ad in the Philippines television, I would like to say I want to stay ‘bad’ long by consuming only healthy food from now on. Pun sepuh, cousin Aga reminded me the other day.

I also bought more airtight jars to place non-fridge things. In one year I have accumulated three types of tea, two types of coffee, many types of milk, and more. I separated them in different jars today. I need to be tidy to make the kitchen homy. To motivate me to prepare food!

Well, actually I also need other kind of motivation. I asked my online chat friend to share me three things to motivate me to work! She said that I don’t need such motivation because I’m already good in pacing myself. Said I know when to work and when to stop so she thought if I don’t feel motivated now it would come eventually later. Hm. She knows me too well. I’m the one who could not be pushed to do things because I believe in my own time, my pace. Hardly one believes that I’m a procrastinator in disguise.

Picture of a street art in Nicanor Garcia Street in Makati City, Manila.