Isn't it nice to share nice thing?

I left my house as is for the first time. I just unplugged the cables from the outlet, took the garbage out, and left the rest in place. I couldn’t take the feeling of ‘leaving the house’ so I didn’t make it like one. I kept telling myself that it would be fun to be away from Ubud some time.
It’s funny to feel culture shock when landed in Surabaya. The new airport is huge and people threw waste on the floor. Smoke? Everywhere. The tobacco smell hit me right away, no place to be away while waiting for the minibus to leave the airport. Yes, I took minibus-taxi instead of 'individual' taxi that cost a lot since the mud disaster. I understand the opportunity cost of the trip because the travel time is uncertain.
I had smooth first trip from Surabaya to Malang since the mud disaster. The taxi driver took us through villages in Porong area. I enjoyed the view. I saw many old kampong houses with four thick pillars in front. Really nice.
I had really nice afternoon with Mama. She cleaned up her storage a few days ago and found many old pictures of the family. I enjoyed seeing Mama and Papa’s pictures when they were young. They’re good looking! Mama also told me that she found a box of my love-letters. Of course it wasn’t the ones I wrote. Hm… I’m excited. I plan to have a look tomorrow. It’s always nice to read old journals and letters again. It shows the way we think and feel at the time.
While Mama was busy showing me old pictures, I also had a picture to show her. I also shared many from the computer that actually she prefers to see the print. She liked to see me happy, I could feel that. That’s more important to me. We have to go through stages to understand any life change. I feel that we’ve been through that well so far.
So I’m happy! But I just realized that I only stay for one day. Mama has already prepared a day-agenda for us tomorrow. Time flies. Life is short. Make the best.
Picture of hazy palms in my garden the other day.