Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sometimes Less Is More


I stayed in bed longer this morning. Thinking. What I want to do today? What I need to do? What I have done? No clue. I got up.

I did morning ritual with RAD in mind. I battled with self. Go out / stay at home. Thinking of me? I texted RAD. Her reply was instant.. 12 PI (Plaza Indonesia). She is my soul mate. We are connected.

I noted down what I needed to buy.. Long list. I ran before lunch. I wanted to get home as soon as possible. Glad I got everything I needed before she came. And lunch with her was fab as usual. Good choice of resto.

We both shared our experience we got in long weekend. She went to Pangandaran with other 39 ‘white collar’ volunteers to celebrate Independence Day with kids in location. Before she left I had told her to document the trip in blog and print. Some of them are journalists, I believe they can make real both. I kicked her again today.

AP’s small book on Yogya earth quake has inspired me to publish a ‘single experience’ like trip RAD made. Or, any experience we get from the street. It does not have to be big. I bought a book titled Street Graphics Egypt. It’s about street art in Egypt. Simple interest but nice thing to share. I need to get inspiration for my art. Later, I would love to publish a book like MAG with her digi-collage.

Today, I heard again from RAD that I have done something. So hard to believe myself that.. I have done something. I keep searching what to do more. I keep myself being inspired by surrounding although I don’t kick myself hard enough to realize the ideas. Uuh.. Both RAD and I were bubbly with ideas but we need to kick each other to make the ideas happen.

Of the experience we got, we realized that we are happy with our life. She was happy to experience spending a night in a small warung in Pangandaran. And I’m happy to experience spending time with a family with lots of ornamentation to color their life.

We are happy to realize that.. sometimes less is more.

Photo of Dayak outfit with simple buttons, plastic beads, and a big tusk as ornaments. No gold and diamond needed to make it beautiful.