Sunday, August 27, 2006

simple pleasures..


I ‘cheated’ two parties today. I didn’t go with ATO to set up UB stall in the morning because I planned to visit AS’s exhibition before noon. My famous grand auntie was going to paint in the event.

I changed plan. KIE could not go. I lost appetite to go either. I stayed at home cutting and writing. Time flew. AS thought I was in Kemang and ATO thought I was with AS. Hm.. I was with myself, enjoying self, so nice.

After lunch, I got myself ready in no time and moved to Kemang before it’s too late. I met KIE in Kemang. We hardly met each other recently. She was busy going out of town, so was I. We shared good laugh about our plan with AS next week. So naughty…

I learned two things this afternoon. One is… I had my first kerak telor. It’s traditional Betawi snack made of sticky rice (fried with less oil) and one or two eggs to mix with, and fried spicy coconut on top. I don’t like the smell but I must say the one I had today was good.

Two is… I learned about treasuring simple pleasure. NIL got interviewed earlier in the afternoon by one leading TV station. She was so excited to see herself on TV that she wanted to leave stall soon. I tried to keep her stay by making jokes about the possibility of not being aired this evening or at all. I teased teased teased till she wrapped up her stuff to be able to find TV nearby for 18:00 news. Oh she was serious! So I asked her to leave her merchandise with me.

RIN told me after NIL left that she was excited because the whole life she always wanted to be on TV. It hit me. I didn’t appreciate ‘simple pleasure’. What appears simple to me is important for NIL. I felt bad for having tried to keep her from watching. Ooh…

I helped out in NIL’s stall for almost half an hour. It was a busy stall selling toys and kid’s stuff. I didn’t even have time to eat my cotton candy because people kept coming and asking prices. I managed her stall well tho.

My day was not bad although I didn't start my afternoon with nice feeling..