Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Eid Every Day


I’m in Bali now, just checked in, and stranded in room. The hotel is fogging outside room and garden. It’s so thick and smelly even in room now. It seems that I have to wait till the fog settles down. Ugh! It’s summer. It must be mosquito.

I had a nice flight. Again, mid-day flight where 'I was not there and am not here either'. A day is chopped into two. I would just use any length of time left to enjoy sunset soon. I’m bubbly wanting to sketch. I read nice graphic design magazine I bought in airport. It gives me idea.

I talked to NDA this morning. He asked me about how my two shops are doing. I told him that both are quiet this year, only PLV is better this summer. He said Yea, you cannot have Eid every day. Sometimes you have to fast. (Eid is Moslem new year where there is a lot of good food like celebration after one fasting-month.) He added with laugh tho.. But fasting too long won’t do good either. Ha ha…


He was right! I liked that he reminded me that I cannot party every day. Good reminder for me. I’m thinking a lot about UB (my latest biz amuse) which – I feel – goes down recently. I think a lot about how to restructure, to make it better and promising as before. I learn how to do biz with partners (my cousins). I find it… not easy. I cannot fly easily, but waiting for them to fly also takes time. Too long. I’m sure this biz is not easy for my cousins too.

That’s my homework for this trip. I have to come up with ideas to renew the spirit – of UB and FRA. Both really need my time. I thought about it while reading the magazine in plane. I have to do something.


Photo of my room balcony door with blind from where I sit.