Double Delay
I talked to a good friend over phone this morning. I thought I had experienced delay in receiving. It’s hard to time the when-to-talk when we experience delay. Usually we end up talking in the same time and of course it won’t be easy to listen. Those complications.
So I tried to find out why. But he told me that he was practicing a tip to ‘delay’ a respond. Aha! I read the same book and also thought to practice the same tip. I’m usually quick to respond (which is good if the response ‘is precisely good’). Anyway, for half an hour I worked on the delay which I also believed that the network had contribution too. Double delay. I got my ear hot for I naturally pushed my cellphone closer ha ha..
I reflect. I recalled some situations. It seems that I’m better in responding with delay when I face ‘chaos’. I don’t react quickly. But in happier situation without ‘hi pitch’, I would respond quickly.
Last Sunday, an auntie called. Venting. Emotional one. I listened and waited to respond. Like me this morning, she called my name several times. Checking whether I was still in the line. I tried to make situation easy for her so I laughed. In the end, we both laughed. She felt lighter after a few minutes talk. I was happy for her.
With Mama is harder. If I didn’t respond quickly, she kept asking. She could make me ah uh of how to respond well. So funny. With her to I have to use my ‘delay skill’ well.
Today I learn to calm (read: delay) in both situations: chaos and non. To practice double delay: listen, listen, respond.
So I tried to find out why. But he told me that he was practicing a tip to ‘delay’ a respond. Aha! I read the same book and also thought to practice the same tip. I’m usually quick to respond (which is good if the response ‘is precisely good’). Anyway, for half an hour I worked on the delay which I also believed that the network had contribution too. Double delay. I got my ear hot for I naturally pushed my cellphone closer ha ha..
I reflect. I recalled some situations. It seems that I’m better in responding with delay when I face ‘chaos’. I don’t react quickly. But in happier situation without ‘hi pitch’, I would respond quickly.
Last Sunday, an auntie called. Venting. Emotional one. I listened and waited to respond. Like me this morning, she called my name several times. Checking whether I was still in the line. I tried to make situation easy for her so I laughed. In the end, we both laughed. She felt lighter after a few minutes talk. I was happy for her.
With Mama is harder. If I didn’t respond quickly, she kept asking. She could make me ah uh of how to respond well. So funny. With her to I have to use my ‘delay skill’ well.
Today I learn to calm (read: delay) in both situations: chaos and non. To practice double delay: listen, listen, respond.