Thursday, August 3, 2006

Aloneness

I spent my afternoon in Jalan Legian yesterday. I never really walked from end to end and I almost did. I decided to be off cab before my favorite bead shop. It’s nice to walk passing by shops I used to see from car window.

I stopped by BEN bead shop but didn’t decide on anything. I just checked what he had and would think about the creative idea later. I had other reason too.. I was too hungry to think. I hadn’t had lunch since landed around 14:00.

I continued walking but didn’t check shops. I just stopped once in a while to enjoy the art displayed on the window. I know myself. I would shop quickly if I 'dared' to enter an interesting shop, so I better stayed outside.

I made one stop tho to shop for my 3-D creation. It’s a nice stone shop selling rough wooden beads. Price was reasonable and variety was different. I spent long time to check everything. I even had opportunity to enjoy people marching the street with offerings going to an Odalan (temple anniversary) celebration (shown in photo). Thing that I really like about Bali, the people and the culture. So thick.

It was almost 17:00, I badly needed drink but water was not my option. I wanted to reach Made’s Warung in Seminyak before dark. I walked and walked while recalling the distance if I went by car. Aha! It was not close. I arrived at Made’s quite damp sweaty in cool afternoon, I walked briskly.

It was just in time before dark. I still enjoyed the nice afternoon under frangipani trees and nicely decorated tables. I had shrimp n avocado and strawberry lassi while finishing Bali Advertisers, thick ad newspaper. I checked every column. It’s endless source of ideas.

I ordered fried banana n palm sugar and cappuccino while checking every page of a thick ad magazine. I looked for inspiration for my collage. Coffee was too thick and four pieces of banana was too much. What made it worse? I was chilled in Bali at 17:30!! That’s not Bali image. But true, I could not enjoy sitting any longer. It was too cold.

Warm shower was good for cold and tired body. It’s almost 21:00. Time flew. I finished a clipping collage before 23:00. I was sleepy that I slept ‘early’ but then I woke up early too.. at 4:30! I stayed in bed till 5:30 and made another collage. Later when I uploaded it to blucolage, I looked again, I felt like I was dreaming when creating Star. Half conscious?

I enjoyed very much my time here. But Bali, like many other places, is interesting for shopping! My biz don’t need me to shop and I don’t need to shop for myself either. I stayed in room making another collage and writing this morning. I plan to shop for UB and have lunch around 13:00.

And for the afternoon, just now I decided to do something that I never did in Jakarta. I made an appointment for 18:00 to have one hour of acupressure aromatherapy.. massage!!!