M ss ng

I sat in balcony cutting paper at 8:00. What a luxury! I didn’t expect to have a nice slow day. I thought I had to run from one bank to another, then lunch with KAT, and else. Suddenly, no bank no lunch. KAT could not make it.
I decided to have my face pampered today. It had been three months of not going to salon since I suffered acne two months ago. Nice time, good mood.
I liked to do things outside house in the morning, or anytime before noon. It’s nice to have afternoon free, doing things I like. And today RIT and I were lucky to be able to arrange time to meet after salon. She also went to salon, close to mine. We arrived in the same time at Setiabudi around 14:00 to have lunch. Perfect.
We had nice talk over pita bread and cannelloni. RIT started with I envy you. What? She thought.. I have a good life, I have destination to go, and I connect to people well (she saw me chatting with a waiter I know three years). Ooppss.. While I always think that my life is pretty good but I don’t have destination to go. Yea.. I have pretty good connection with people but the former two??
I once wondered about RIT’s life which spanned from lunch to lunch, salon to salon, Jakarta – Bangkok – London – Tel Aviv. She had a good life!! I don’t, she told me. She doesn’t feel empty, but something is missing. I told her that.. I feel the same! Missing.
We looked at each other. We are both prisoners of time. We are not able to relax. Always think, always plan. Two persons of two decades (we are born under same Chinese year) feel the same.
Then we talked about what to do to contribute more, to complete the missing parts, to enrich life more,… We are eager to be in class, to work for others, to connect to more people,.. Hm. I asked her to join Heritage tour guide course for National Museum next Heritage year. It’s three-month course, no pain, then we can choose what we want to do with the knowledge.
I learn everyday, about myself.
Photo of a recycled-rubber thong owned by an artist in Yogya. The owner carved his name on it to make sure no one would steal :-)