Monday, July 10, 2006

Bring the Music Back


Last night was funny. I was tired after long day outside in humid. I got home, showered and washed hair, and felt very fresh -- like I could be active few more hours. Yes, I wrote my post. But half way.. I made a lot of mistakes; grammar, diction, sequence,.. Hm.. I stopped writing. A good friend came online and we chatted. It was okay, I managed to stay awake.

I held my scrap magazine while chatting. Then I started to cut. When chat stopped, I was fully awake and in hi spirit. It was not easy to cut paper tho.. I didn’t make smooth cutting. I also missed some shapes that I should have paid more attention to get the right proportion. I finished it before 2:30. So nice!

I stay at home today because I’m going to have busy week. I checked my artwork. Ugh.. Not so good. Wrong color. Or, it could have been better. I posted anyway. It happened the theme matched this week’s challenge theme in Artwords. Gesture.

Then I checked my draft post. Aaargghh… Many mistakes: grammar and diction. I should not have told anybody that I have degree in English. Ha ha.. Preposition. I often missed that. Like Indonesian preposition. Change word, change preposition. Or, I should practice to be more patient in proof-reading before posting. Anyway. Whatever.

I finally finished my 3-D artwork, the lucky pig series. I wanted to prepare my next 3-D project but remembered that I still owe an artwork for IMT. I checked again the website. Glad, they simplified the technique. I don’t have to think about buying medium anymore. I made one sample. Not good enough but enough to start creating a real page.

Strange. The past few days I worked in total silence, no music at all. I used to listen to music during my waking hours. I decided to play it again when started soaking sticky tapes for collage. DJ Tiesto ha ha.. Sure it gives me energy like pumping it to high. I really have to see him playing next time he makes his stop in Indonesia. Very energizing music. The louder the better..

Hmm.. Got to check my sticky tapes now. I will spend rest of the night sticking paper..


Photo of signboard at Centrepoint - Singapore.