Today is a big day…

…for me. It’s the end of long hot afternoon in Ubud. March to May are months when Ubud or Bali in general is really hot and humid. The idea to move the hardly ever-used air-conditioner in Pallava came recently when I started to feel the heat had suffocated me in a way. I have short breath.
Anyway, the installation finished in four hours. I was at my desk when they were working. I experienced ‘significant’ dust when they made a hole for the hose. The whole thing was like watching McGyver in action. They made their own way to reach the spot where I wanted the indoor unit to be placed. This is when not watching a ‘kitchen’ at work becomes a luxury.
I’m quite happy with the new temperature in my room. I didn’t set the temperature low since I cannot stay in freezing air-conditioner anymore. I made it into room temperature at 24 degree Celsius. It’s true that it's the dry air that helps cooling the temperature. I still study how things work with this new ‘arrangement’.
I made many phone calls today. I committed to myself to limit writing communication, stay in 'real' touch, not stay in texts. I interviewed my friend who gave me bio-oil that I enjoyed it very much. I called my friend who just started a business in Mama’s place in Malang checking out how she’s progressing. I talked with the builder who does renovation in Mama’ place. A friend who just ‘had’ a baby called on Skype sharing about her experience as new Mom the past six weeks. How she’s ready to fly back to her house in Nassau – 30 hours from Jakarta – with the baby. Two of them. How I enjoyed real contact…
And as for other means of communication? I went through my email box again and cleaned up everything I should do to avoid delayed action on my part. I also went through Facebook leaving messages for closed friends who celebrate birthday today. This time I encountered some feelings. A male friend had his wife replied from his account. Auch! Then someone shouted not nice thing in her status that I felt like watching an angry lady. I could not take it anymore. This media has exposed me to many people's not nice feelings and I don't need those. But it's good that I was there once, at least, so I have experience and can tell. I feel that I have reached the feeling of ‘I have enough with Facebook.’ I told my friend the other day that I could master anything in no time if I want to, but once I master it, I might leave soon. Today I felt that I have mastered Facebook enough that I’m ready to be inactive.
My friend reminded me the other day that to have both thick and thin skins in any circumstance is important. I enjoy being on Facebook still but I don’t have thick enough skin to stay longer.
Boats resting on Galungan Day yesterday. Like I took picture from a mirror, my shadow was there.