Saturday, March 7, 2009

When I pushed my friend to attend the Heritage’s social event…


…this afternoon, actually I pushed myself to go. I was considering to fly back today but the event had stopped me. I have lots of friends that I wanted to see. Also, I needed an excuse to not be a hermit.

It’s the first annual art exhibition held by the Heritage. The idea that brought deep pessimism last year. I didn’t know how to help when the board inquired. I merely shared rough ideas how to execute. Anyway, a year has passed and definitely the spirit of an optimist is needed to execute such project. The chairwoman made it!

Speaking of an optimist, I felt small in the exhibition. My friend kept nudging me when we walked from wall to wall. You could make this, even better!! After a few more comments, I admitted that most of the time I don’t believe in myself. I feel like I cannot do well, or my artwork is not presentable enough for a juried exhibition. I was speechless when my friend looked me in the eye. You should just do it! Glad I was not alone. A friend who likes to take pictures had same idea. We juried ourselves toughly.

It was a nice social event. I met my ex boss twelve years ago, his wife is active in the organization. It’s his second time round in Indonesia. It was so nice to catch up. It's nice to know that he is the same warm person. He invited me to drop by his office next time to meet some four others, my ex colleagues. It’s so nice.

A friend asked me to help out in the committee to raise fund for the Ubud Writers Festival. I hardly run out of ideas, so that I can do. And the biggest step I made is to kick my idea to have the Heritage branch in Bali. The idea that have been boiling in my mind since I moved to Ubud. I miss the activities so my dear friend in Ubud. So the idea will be brought up in board meeting soon! Yay! I had kicked my idea out.

Three hours standing become nothing. I met many nice friends. It’s so good to actually touch them, not just to stay in touch.

I’m glad to know a friend who is good in materializing ideas. Her artwork won an award. She is a constant inspiration for us rrr me.