It’s always fun to roam different parts of Bali…

…every now and then. The island is not big and Ubud is pretty much in the center of the island. It’s nice that we can touch water forty minutes to an hour from Ubud by car. For people who like beach more might also feel convenient to drive up an hour to be in the hills.
Anyway, it’s still early when two girlfriends and I drove east to go to Cucukan beach where our two girlfriends from Java stayed. Bali is small but I hear about new place every now and then, and the place will not stick on my memory before I experience the place. I heard about Cucukan beach for the first time two days ago and I had no idea the whereabouts.
I refused my friend's offer to use driver to go to the place. I’d like to experience the trip myself so I know the area next time. Good one of my girlfriends was familiar with the road to the nearest entrance to the beach. She took us through narrow roads in typical Balinese small villages. I loved the driving! This is what I admire about the island, the quality of the road is so good that driving in the island even in small villages is a pleasant experience.
The girls hardly stopped talking in the car that I had to interrupt from time to time to discuss the directions. I got so minimal direction from driver of the villa but it didn’t scare me because we could hardly be lost in the island. People who drive in Bali used to joke on not to worry about being lost in the island because we would still be in the island before touching the water.
The villa was great. Not big but nicely done, simple and modern. If we had known, it would be nice to be together all night long last night. My friend who had been caged in the house because of ill husband the past two weeks looked so happy and carefree. I missed the expression of her. I was glad that we went.
Our friends from Jakarta had shopped groceries to share brunch with us before they left for airport at eleven. We made plan to meet up in Bandung – where one of the girls lives – soon. We talked about many hidden artists in the island and in Bandung. Artists who don’t get proper exposure because of many reasons, their own choice is also a reason. 'Unfortunately', those who are hidden are usually artists who have magnificent artworks because they work from the heart – not for commercial reason. It’s rare these days. Who don’t need money?
Driving back was much easier. Of course. We decided a wrong turn but all roads lead to Rome!
Two happy girls dancing to the boogie rhythm.