Monday, March 16, 2009

I escaped from the heat at home…


…and had a productive day. I had planned to go to Denpasar to prepare myself for a series of Balinese holidays starting tomorrow to the end of month. It spans over two weeks with little windows here and there to do business. I realized a bit later that the season is going to be big.

On my way out, I ran across my landlord who was making penjor for my front gate. I’m always proud of penjor at my gate because the compound's merajan (shrine) is in my garden. Glad I didn’t let them move it when I took over the house last year. It’s in the middle of my jungle now that I almost believe they don’t prefer such arrangement. For me, the merajan looks more mystical that way. I enjoyed any ceremony they prepared in the complex. Anyway, we agree to come mid way it seems. Respect each other option. I trimmed the bushes off a bit.

I changed my mind quite often lately. I decided to get low priced frame for my farsighted eyes instead of high priced titanium I used to have. I came to reality that I will only wear glasses when driving in the dark. I don’t mind having blurry sight in the daylight. I hardly enjoyed wearing glasses that I wore a lot twenty years ago. That is one.

I also decided to install an air-conditioner in my bedroom-cum-studio after merely listening to loved ones' suggestion almost two years now. I give up. I cannot always escape from the heat and I like to be active at home, in my studio, not downstairs where I don’t have my stuffs. I hope I could have it installed on Thursday after Galungan. Cross my fingers.

And… after feeling stupid for having a bagful of wooden beads that I had impulsively bought with my friend a couple weeks ago, I got a brilliant idea this morning. I brought the bag with me in a last minute decision. I dropped by my glass beads supplier before home and laid everything on his table asking for his idea. He laughed out loud. I know the feeling – ill feel! I don't like the expression but could not agree more. After a short discussion, he agreed to create funky necklace Marni-style out of the wooden beads for me. I’m glad to know that he supplied Marni in Italy. I hardly doubt his creation. We have known each other about five years now and just clicked.

I ended my six-hour trip very well. I did all I need to do in Denpasar. I also did my favorite shopping – silver material for necklace. My friend wanted me to shop for her that I don’t mind to do at all since I also need to stock up. Another kick for me.

What a good productive day…

Beautiful sunset I enjoyed after a long day today.