Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It was raining for the first time…


…since long last night. It was good after long hot days. The rain continued till morning when I awoke around 3:30. I decided to stay in bed longer listening to the rain while reflecting. It was still dark at 6, I decided to just wash a load of laundry and got on with my day.

It was pouring so I decided to just stay home, enjoying my new table by starting a project. And I had 40 minutes before the yoga class started when I debated inside. I simply didn’t want to regret that I don't push myself hard enough to exercise today. So I went out without… shower! I was the first one to arrive so had time to play with Monalisa, the dog.

I really enjoyed Linda’s class. Her French accent is ‘unique’ but on top of that she had different sequence every time so for regular attendees every session is a surprise. I like that. I like the unpredictable movement. Today was funny. I might not have concentrated well that following her in reverse mirror image confused me. I was not the only one that confused left with right. Linda didn’t realize that she often mentioned wrong direction as she stood facing us. It’s funny yet embarrassing. Being the one stood in front and center.

Ubud looked quiet already. Some people were still busy installing penjor in front of their gates. Some business closed for three days, some stay open. It’s good that I have stocked up food because my warung has closed. It feels quieter than Sundays. No activities even in the neighborhood.

I kept myself busy at home. New furniture always entails to activity that involves moving, removing, and changing. Only small table but enough to make my bedroom-cum-studio looks more spacious and nicer. I’m happy. For tidying up. For not regretting the day without good exercise.

A villa on my way to Linda’s yoga studio.