Thursday, March 5, 2009

It’s easy to convince my friends that…


…I don’t miss Jakarta at all. They just knew that my visit to Jakarta has become less and less. And I must have looked… better!

I did banking in the morning. I made a long note of what I need to do and buy today. I have very limited time that I have to use it well. I also have to consider the traffic. Unlike in Ubud where I have all the time to do anything.

I arrived a bit late in the lounge we set to meet for lunch. The feeling came back, like the old time, but that ‘old time’ is really old actually. I didn’t meet them months, even with one I didn’t see almost two years. They were so alive in my mind although I didn’t see them often so when I met them today, it’s like a continuation.

It was fun. Girls never have enough time to catch up. I continued running errands after lunch. I could do it efficiently since I already had a note but it didn’t help me to come home earlier either. It took me two hours for a 25 minute trip max in ‘normal’ traffic. I made a commitment to myself not to complain about it. I had my iPod on and there I had time to ponder about my life and others.

Sitting in taxi had given me the opportunity to observe Jakarta, unlike the days I still drove myself. Been living outside Jakarta almost two years now, I feel sorry for the metropolitan. I don’t like to say but I could say it looks poorer than other part of Indonesia. Developments are everywhere and it has created ‘life’ for people who support the development. Small business behind luxurious buildings. Temporary housings.

I managed to stay calm till the end of the two hours. I don’t have anything to complain, my life is too good out there.

That business.