Thursday, April 3, 2008

How to look sexy in robe?


That’s what I thought when I changed into robe given by the hospital. I never liked it but I understand that many places hardly have amenities like robe and sandals in my size. I felt like I just got up and mingled with public in breakfast lounge straight from bed. I checked my hair. It didn’t help.

Anyway, this time I'm clever, I took a small bag to carry: book, note, and cell phones (yes, two). I didn’t have such idea in the past so I ended up waiting my turn to be examined doing nothing. So boring. There’s approximately 10–15 minutes between tests. I interviewed the girl who took measure of my body. She said that they could handle up to 15 ‘patients’ a day. I’m lucky that today they handle 8 patients only. Less crowd. Reasonable waiting time.

I giggled with the girl about my size. I only 153 cm tall, weight 43 kg, and have 80 cm waist. At 42, I feel so petite. I enjoyed looking at the screen of machine for Body Mass Index. I’m underweight obviously, the fat is in the normal range, and other parameter is either below normal or normal. Nothing passed ‘over’. I questioned myself if this is fine (especially the underweight part). The girl said I’m in low risk to get heart attack because of my waistline. That’s what Dr. Oz from Oprah said too.

Like always, I included treadmill test in the package to test the heart function. It’s an inconvenient test actually. Strangely, I took advantage of the test for my… cardio exercise. It’s been long I didn’t use treadmill. A year? More. And I was doing very well, as always too. One time the staff said that it’s typical for Indonesian who came for medical check-up: either they’re very ill or very healthy. I know which group I belong.

And mammogram! What happened today? The machine didn’t hurt me at all. I guess I’ve figured out how to handle my breast position and breathing. I’m really happy, not traumatic. Yes, I don't mind to do every year! The ultrasound scan also went well. I enjoyed the blurry screen without knowing what happening inside. I felt relieved when the staff said that my uterus and ovary looked beautiful. I asked her how is ‘not beautiful’. She said it looks cloudy and there’s mass, so if it's clear, it’s beautiful. I’m happy to hear that especially after the ultrasound scan of both breasts turned out to be beautiful too!

Being in hospital always gives me an uneasy feeling. And in a room with devices is even worse. I keep telling myself that I don’t want to be in such place when I’m not well. That’s why I’m doing this while I belong to the latter group: very healthy.

I was a happy girl when I took off the robe after three hours feeling ‘in bedroom’. A staff had her eyes out when saw me out of the room. Ah you are so sexy-aa! I couldn't see when you’re in robe. True.

I spent some hours at the Ikea. It’s in the same side of town so I decided to also do the visit to get inspirations. Ikea was in not-good shape because they’re refreshing the place: moving stuffs for new layout. It’s good and it’s not. It’s good that I didn’t see much and it’s not a good feeling to be in a store that looks disarrayed.

I spent late afternoon to early evening trapped in Paragon. It was raining hard that although with umbrella, I would not pass the rain without getting wet. Fine. I sat in a coffee shop reading a nice book.

Another homework of the year has done… The year? I found out today I was late for the check-up fourteen months!?

Photo of Zegna’s display window at Paragon.