Monday, April 21, 2008

Have you given life your 'all'?


Be demanding of oneself, be indulgent towards others.
- Confucius

What the day is it today? I couldn’t help asking after observing girl staffs in the bank and supermarket wearing nice kebaya and sarong. Purnama was yesterday, kajeng kliwon just passed, so? Hari Kartini Mbak… I felt like fainted. How could I miss? I could easily notice our woman hero’s day in Jakarta but in Bali where kebaya and sarong are one of their daily outfits? I didn’t expect. I lost track of days and its connection.

Today I made a pact with myself. It’s Monday, a good day to start anything. I told myself that from now on every day from Monday to Friday I have to: spend at least two hours reading things I like; use an hour or two reading things I need to read; go out to look after at least two items for business; and stay in to work on at least one business paperwork (emails, orders, text messages). Of approximately 18 hours of my waking hours in a day, that takes up about 11-12 hours. The rest 6-7 hours are for cleaning, preparing and having meals, working-out/doing yoga, blogging, chatting and being lazy. Can I do that? I have started.

I haven’t started reading anything but had ran two errands for business: having discussion with Ketut, my ex staff, and checking out large mirror for the shop. I also got a contact of the biggest spa products and boxes manufacturer in Gianyar through a packing shop near the mirror shop. Nice! Now I need to work on any paperwork at home but wait… My Singaporean girlfriend contacted me again regarding ex Frangipani space. She has an idea to open a charity shop. A crazy idea, she thinks. She is an angel. Funky angel I like. I told her that I would do anything to help from Ubud. We exchanged a few more text messages and her last message was Be happy. Life is short.

Very true. That’s why I also add into the pact three more to do in a week: eat meat at least once as part of blood type O diet which I tend to forget, spare time to meet at least one good friend, and have something done in salon (for my body and supporting Ayu). I had lamb for lunch to mark the effectiveness of the pact. My French girlfriend has signaled me twice about when to meet. I need to break and meet her so we decided to meet some time this week in Sanur, our half way. And lastly, I had creambath with Ayu after lunch. It’s her pregnancy check-up tomorrow.

So before the mechanism really works, I have made significant progress. I look forward to enjoying the results in the end of the week. Give life our ‘all’. A friend reminded me. Thank you.

Photo of flowerbed in Celabuung.