The Fresh Start

I got up with nice feeling. I appreciate my nice bed and morning. I feel this more when my days in Ubud House near to end. There are so many things to appreciate in a good life – my standard. I feel blessed with my talent in art. I rediscovered the urge to write short poems yesterday. I cannot say I have competence but if I get a kick from inside to produce actually I can write a short poem (as short as a three-liner haiku). I just need a moment to go back ‘inside’. A moment that doesn’t take long if there’s an urge.
I had a happy evening last night. I helped my friend who lives in Denpasar to make two chains for her replica of Costa Rican antique pendants. It’s a challenge to present an antique object in a funky way so becomes wearable. I like the idea of using/wearing antique because that’s the only way to appreciate the object. To be in touch with the object, not just through sight sense. Anyway, that added to my happiness of rediscovering my short poem in the morning :-)
It’s a new month, like a new year in smaller scale, I feel like doing something new with fresh resolution. Been practiced the past few weeks, I feel more firm about starting simpler and tidier life. No more putting off. What did you say? Procrastination? That’s it. I start with working out ‘small’ and short-term goals. I selected twelve necklaces for a friend’s shop in Kuta and did the necessary administration. Simple but took time. I also spent morning to beautify my nest more. I redid some ‘tricks’ to make the house look more me. Yes, I don’t feel fit with some stuffs that come with the house but only by time I could find a way out to ‘get rid of them’ without kicking out of house. I love giving a new look of anything. I made good progress this stay. I’m happy!
While I’m in high mood for writing out my part in the art assignment, my partner had asked for a reschedule because the day we’re supposed to give the presentation is her husband’s birthday. Ugh.. I was a bit discouraged then (I mean I have an excuse to put off finishing my part).
I might be discouraged but I encouraged a friend. A good friend just moved to Australia. In his 47, he starts a new life by living in a quiet city with a young adult kid and two toddlers after living almost two decades in cosmopolitan city. He wrote me a long email telling about his experience in the first weeks, and more a few days later about moved into house. I encouraged him to start a blog so more closed ones can enjoy his interesting story about a new life in foreign country. I told him that his email is worth a posting. I offered to open a blog for him. Now he has ‘submitted’ at least three ‘postings’. His last story is really interesting about culture shock. I understand the feeling, the need to share. I was once like him, I wrote a long email ritually to some closed persons that actually worth a blog-posting. Now I’m happy having a blog even without reader. At least I have done my part to make myself happy first.
Hm.. what a nice fresh start of a new month!
Photo of Buddha statues near my bed.