Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Awareness


The hamster stays in cage today. Her mani-pedi girl was not available that she had to cancel her day trip plan. Yes, she planned to start the day in salon while reading, then run errands downtown, includes get proper meals after three days of living in the jungle. Yes, that’s what I feel just now. I don’t know how I survive in this house without going out. Like living in the jungle with maggot and leaves, I don’t realize what I have consumed, I only noticed a one-third papaya and a half loaf of wheat bread left in fridge. It’s good that instant noodle is not my favorite although I also keep for real emergency. I don’t really enjoy the taste. Too much preservative added?

Anyway, I continued making necklaces. I made quite a lot last night but hadn’t fixed the toggles as I need to check the color in daylight first. Making necklace reminds me of playing Chinese Checkers in my teenage years. I concentrate on the colors and how to ‘strategize’. In this case, I concentrate on how I arrange the color and shape as an artwork. Yes, an artwork. That’s what I realized later when I looked at my work. Every piece is like an artwork to me. I don’t repeat a design. My marketing girl, I mean my good girlfriend who voluntarily markets my necklace, was reprimanded yesterday because she took order of a same design. Grr… She laughed as she realized that I am an eccentric artist. I don’t have patience to make the same twice, I feel my creativity stuck. Mind you, the shapes and the colors of the stones plus the shape of the silver beads can create billions unique designs. It’s endless. Why make copy?

I also got benefit from making necklace the past three days in a row. Making necklace is like writing, very lonely rrr solitary. But nice lonely, like meditation. I have time to absorb and observe what’s happening with people I care. I reflect. I realize more that I need to live with more awareness. With full control of all aspects in life. Behavior, way of life, to… finance. I’ve seen some closed ones have lost grip of an aspect that creates serious issue in their life. I really care.

Well, I don’t want to think heavy. I enjoy my time today and look forward to experiencing my first day out tomorrow. I have a long shopping list.

Photo of my studio just now.