The Little Things

Today I focused on the little things that move me. I didn’t do major decluttering, it didn’t come to me at all when I tried to stimulate my initiative. I just opened some closet doors and looked at the stuffs inside without the urge to declutter. I think I know why. Decluttering needs a way out. Throwing away is the easiest but not all stuffs can be thrown out, I think. Some stuffs need the right solution.
It was not bad though, today I threw away four cell phone boxes of nine years and a digital camera box of four years. Only the boxes since the gadgets have been given away. By the way, I still also use those gadgets. The almost five years old cell phone is the second generation. I mean I had the same series before, so imagine how long I’ve been using this particular series from Nokia that has new series coming out every other quarter. I found a receipt of the Nokia I bought in 1998, it’s the same price of a new Dopod now. So expensive nine years ago. Nice to have a little research.
So this morning I just did minor tidying up here and there, touching little things that can move me. Things that have bogged back of my mind down for a long time. I had made another commitment to clear up my path from little pebbles – the little things. This is a good month to start taking stock before end of the year.
And before this year ends, I plan to do something I hardly did throughout the year or even long before. I haven’t decided yet what kind of offbeat I would like to do. A friend was in super high for days after letting himself out by dancing with some colleagues in a lively bar. That gives me an idea. It’s always nice to do something we rarely do. Now I don’t remember the last time I did something really out of normalcy (my parameters). Have to work on that, my other ‘little thing’.
Photo of a textile installation at Metissages exhibition at Museum Nasional.