The Broken Bones
Yesterday before going out again in the evening, I spent three hours sluggishly sitting in sofa. Seeing Larry King without watching. It’s good Larry talked about animal so I enjoyed the animal without thinking. I had to drag myself to prepare for the evening. And I didn’t use my creativity in dressing. I chose ‘standard’ style. I know I would be fine if I wear fine handcrafted sarong. I feel securely creative.
I sat still and quietly in the car on the way to the venue, the traffic was okay. I told my friend I was exhausted and she felt the same. Jakarta is strange. So many nice happenings around the city but hardly anyone can reach the venue. And many social events that sometimes one has to hop to three events an evening after the day with other ‘obligation’. But the city doesn’t support the dynamic of the people. The traffic has made Jakartans become depleted persons that have to push self to 'be there' for social and fun.
I stood almost three hours chatting with people I know and just know in the reception. It’s fun to eat Mexican food while observing people from many countries in their national outfit. My friend whispered in my ears that we were among people with too much good life. I laughed and reminded her what a good life living in Jakarta traffic from hour to hour. Our life is spent “on the way”, not in the destination. It’s an observation with joy. I mean the joy of imagining that I will be in Ubud soon. Life is really good there, with significant quality.
Today I spent the day in silence – hardly talked to anyone. I have packed my stuffs for Ubud, which is not many, but heavy because of necklace material. I’m flatly happy so far. I went out for a while to see dentist for annual cleaning. Now I have done my homework for the year: with the organization and within self. I look forward to having a great end of the year. I still need to compose my new year resolution :-)
Photo of Autumn by Anusapati.