Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Monitor Line: Day One

It is a sunny hot day. I was kaput last night. So sleepy since 21:00, glad I could finish my blog draft (it took me long time to write; ideas were dripping, not pouring) and had a nice chat till 23:00. I think I believe in going to sleep before midnight has a good effect in the morning. Yaa, I awoke at 6:15 this morning, so fresh. But I took my lazy time in bed for a few minutes, being idle. Real luxury.

Yesterday I have the idea to have a ‘monitor’ line below every posting starting today. It is a monitor for my “make happen - MH - things” I listed in 26.2 posting. I need to monitor myself with the help of my fans :-)

I spent three hours this morning to tidy up bedroom, not yet decluttering. Just separated laundry and sent to dry cleaners, put back handbags and batik sarongs, ironed a pile of towels n else, and mopped the floor. Hey that was not just! Three hours spent. Decluttering is another story, big one. I need to take out clothes from my ‘big days’. Yes, I have lots of jeans size 25/26. Now size 24 (I only have two pairs!). Skirts and lots of loose linen blouses I no longer wear. It accentuates my bone even more. Now I prefer to wear something body-fitted so it looks petite -- not skinny bony tiny behind linen 'tent'. I do not have idea whether this is the right decision ha ha..

Oprah was hilarious today, I loved it. It was about understanding men. Why do they need to watch pornography regularly; why do they spend much time golfing; why do they become lazy after getting married; what do they think after sex; why they do not like to cuddle??! Basic Qs eh? Ha ha. The panel were “real men” from four different areas: Jay Leno – The Tonight Show host, Brian McKnight – singer/song writer, Rick Reilly – sports columnist, and Bruce Cameron – book writer on men performance. Leno said men just sit and watch in strip club but what women do in Chippendale (giggling happily and hands were busy) ha ha.. True? They agreed on the reality that men like visual (strip club, porn sites) and women like non-visual (touched by poetry, ‘hot’ magz, imagination). So true! But I like to hear Cameron said that there must be a hole in a relationship when either man / woman sees other. Aha! No excuse of 'just having fun'?

Today is my rare day to be at home all day. My neighbor – right-hand house – have asked for our permission to knock down their main house. Now we are enjoying knock knock during the day. And this afternoon, while reading newspapers in balcony, I realized that.. I lost their palm trees! Aaarggh.. that was bad news. I loved the group that gave us shady green view. More people cut trees nowadays. I protested PEN the other day, realizing that so many big trees in her neighborhood were cut because they were afraid of big wind. Huh.

Now I am looking at our 'growing' office automation at home. I have an office in the corner but away from coffee-table (center of entertainment); now full of clutters and unused obsolete desk-computer. My next decluttering project. My new ‘office’ now occupies the coffee-table. I like sitting on big cushions on the floor. All gadgets are close by; laptops, router, printer, chargers (printer-fax-scan on the way). Cables are all over kilim. I do not know where to start setting up neater office in the center of entertainment. 15:20

Hm I just deleted procrastination. I needed to call 12 artists we are going to see on Friday. I put it off since morning. But tomorrow is Wednesday again and Thursday is only one day away! So I kicked myself to call them TODAY. Finished 8 calls in 30 minutes! It made me sweaty yes. Talking to someone new on the phone always makes me awkward because both of us have to rely on the voice tone – without body language. I talked to them while looking at their artwork pictures I took last week, so I could feel their character. Ha ha.. so complicated. A woman just called me to check whether I called her whoever-he-is. Ehm. Her tone lowered down after she knew why I called. Those things. But yes, I am happy that I have been thru it. 17:50

Hey! I must thank my blog readers -- fans! -- for being so keen in checking on new posting every now and then. I received some ‘complaints’ for being not ‘prompt’ yesterday. It was good to check their loyalty by being late sometimes :-)


From the deepest of my heart: Thank you!

MH:

#1 stop procrastinating:

- read six days of the Jakarta Post to catch up
- called 8 Pasar Seni Ancol artists
(included #90 not be shy)

- changed CDs in magazine >> organizing piles of CDs >> look neat now
- opened textile collection cabinet to check its humidity.

#8 learn Dutch:

- took brochure of the language course at the Erasmus Huis yesterday.

#24 drink more water:

- since last week, I managed to drink ONE liter of cold water with lemon slices in less than an hour >> frequent restroom visit.

#42 get rid of all my clutter:

- make space for printer by sorting out piles of magz, piles gone now >> to be continued.

#99 listen to more music:

- I listened to more groups after Java Jazz. I chose three ‘new’ artist CDs >> de phazz from Germany, White Shoes & The Couples Company from Indonesia (both introduced by BIR) and Discus from Indonesia (introduced by TOT – progressive rock mania).

FAIL:

#68 visit my relatives:
- Bu De Mus is hospitalized since morning. Yesterday she was accidentally locked in bathroom for hours because of joint was too weak to stand up. I just planned to visit her but I did not manage to go.

Note: Photo of a path sign in Pasar Seni Ancol.