Sunday, March 12, 2006

It Takes Only..

Chiko made a big mess this morning, I think. I didn’t know what’s really happening but I could see ‘the damage’. Staff has removed it. As throw and some cushions were gone, Chiko must have been poo-ing on my yellow sofa. Yak! It must be last night after that cute pose. He could go out of control, intentionally I believe. He likes to ‘test’ our limit. But I’m ready with the possibility. Although I use white in most home drapery, all are machine washable and I have very good soak and detergent from Amway. Nothing scares me. I just don’t like the work he caused me. Grr..

I spare my time all day today to start decluttering. Chiko has started it for me. I had to change throw and cushion covers. Then sorting out, again, piles of art and lifestyle magz. Then shredding bills (cellphone bills aha!!) and Heritage newsletters (many email addresses and phone numbers inside). Kilim was folded and big cushions were ready to be put under sun tomorrow. It starts to ‘open’ now.

I believe that persons with procrastinate problem think that everything needs big amount of time to complete. I know that because I am one of the persons. I put off. This is inconsistent with my statement to PEN the other day. I told her that I would like to see Lionel Richie’s show in Jakarta next week. She said she’s not keen of his music. I said that I am not either but his music is okay and he is legendary. So what’s the fuss of spending two hours of my life to enjoy his legendary music when I have the opportunity? When I told her about Richie’s life story, PEN thought I spent hours to learn that. I told her again, it took me ONLY ten minutes of my life to know a part of Richie’s life.. That's by ‘listening’ to Oprah while doing something else. It is nothing. The keyword then ‘it takes only..’ Yaa.. I repeat that in mind. It takes only.. It takes only.. It takes only.. I need that affirmation to move myself to do more. So I did today. I did one thing at a time and stopped when I felt stuck. So far, I could say, I have made significant progress..

I thought about piles of photo prints I found; given by friends and from the time I used to print photos I took. I have about ten thick photo albums the last 12 years. I stopped doing it the last two years. I found that archiving is not something I really care anymore. It brings me good memory yes, but along with the other side too. I live in digital and virtual worlds now. Now I leave ‘my memories’ in both worlds. Written and pictures. I think I better keep it that way. Let it ‘die’ with me. I am nobody. I only create my personal legend. I am not even in the history of the nation ha ha.. I think I will distribute photos I have printed so it would not be wasted. Then let myself just to be in the memory of the loved ones. 14:05

Progressing more. Hung a painting from an artist friend in Ubud for my 2005 birthday. It was a nice surprise! We never be that close, but it’s getting now.. It took me 14 months before I decided where to hang. Done in four minutes.

Installing a new printer driver was delayed for two weeks. I just did it after muddling with three time restart cos severe error. It was successful after I turned on the printer. Stupid. Done in twenty minutes. Now okay, can do more biz. I need to print lots of transaction before Malang trip. Will I go? Yaa I think I will leave on Tuesday. I have decided but haven’t check Mama’s schedule. She is the one who’s always on the go. 16:43

Think I can stop now. It’s early evening. F1 race day in Bahrain. We didn’t have proper lunch cos staffs’ day off. I managed to have almost two liters of lemony water. Roti. And instant mee! Instant mee from staff’s stock ha ha. We hardly had it. It’s raining hard. No future of going out to dinner. House is so cozy tho without food.

I stop decluttering. Enough for today. Tomorrow can start again. If an F1 racing team can change tires in 7 second. Decluttering may take only..

MH:

#24 drink more water
#42 get rid of all my clutter


Note: Photo of wood-cut artist's tools.