Enough Time
I started my day late, almost 6:30. It’s one cloudy morning. Not so energizing to start a day. Especially a day without plan. Plan slave. Time slave.
Today I ‘had’ to be ready before 8:00! Mama asked me to serve two guests from an office. It’s a helper day off. Aaargh. Mandi here is a challenge. No water heater since long. The option is.. either mandi from ‘water tank’ (bak mandi) or having a kettle of boiling water. I used to take first option, I called it 1,2,3 cos I literally counted “one.. two.. three..” before taking first 'scoop'. Water is cold. Okay, I was mandi the second way. This time I don’t like gasping.. Too cold.
Hey but it’s good! At 8:00 I was ready to work on my homework. Serving the guests only took five minutes. I worked in bed. I didn’t want to mess Mama’s dining table with my papers. And I liked being ‘under’ sun. Mama had to go at 10:00. She already engaged herself to visit an animal conservation. She went by herself. She wanted to be flexible. That’s perfect. I preferred to stay at home then. I really needed to finish my homework today.
It surprised me that I worked looong hours. When I realized, it’s already 13:00, almost five hours working. Still I have one report I failed to make after a nice chat. My mood changed. It’s a good pause tho. I had to go to change my ticket before raining. And it’s perfect that TET and DIN were together. I spent my afternoon with them at DIN’s house.
We talked about how difficult to spend time with parents after having own life. Especially after having small kids. I thought I was a bad one. But they thought I’m doing well – visiting Mama every four months. Yaa.. but I still feel that I don’t spend enough time with her. I always have a book, or recently, a laptop with me while sitting with her. I could sit without anything. Just be there for her. But that didn’t last long.. Either I felt sleepy, or we led a debate. Ahaa.. too many changes between us. I think the best solution is.. we both have something to do when sitting together. We talk when we have something to talk. Same trick for husband-wife? I believe so. Ha ha..
I was tired when got home at 19:00. Entering Mama’s house is ‘complicated’, many layers. Main gate with heavy lock, back door with folding doors, and the distance between both is faaar.. Have been unlocking n locking so many locks, I felt good that I finally turned off the engine. I was wrong. Mama approached. GA’s mom, my neighbor friend, needed a mattress. Meaning: I needed to drive to our other house – 20 minutes drive. Plus unlocking n locking ritual. Ha ha..
I thought on the way. What if I were not here? I know Mama always makes herself available to help people. But it can be too much effort for her, especially after a day out in a hilly jungle. She is restless. This morning I happened to hear she agreed to be on a trip to Lombok end of May. And she asked me to go with her to Belgium in August. And she definitely will be on a trip to New Zealand in October. Ehm..
Mama’s staff brought the mattress to next door. I went with him. My friend GA has just arrived from a 24-hour trip from Vancouver. Entering the house, I felt 'lost'. GA’s mom was ‘hiding’ in kitchen. She said she didn't have heart to see GA. She asked me to comfort her. I could not. GA was almost ‘collapsed’. I felt as bad. I just stood and cried. I could not do more. I met Ibu of my former boy friend. I hugged her tightly. I didn’t see her very long time. It’s so good to see her. She updated me. All is good news. I’m happy for her.
I spent my day well. Many varieties. I’m happy to realize that I have enough time for myself and loved ones today.
MH:
#1 stop procrastinating
#15 be a nicer person
#18 get better in keeping in touch..
Note: Photo of Mama’s living room.