Friday, March 31, 2006

(Horse) Power

I think today is one of the days when I have no idea what I’m going to write. I had slow day at home. Willing to finish FRA blog but could not. I need to meet LIN to collect info but she changed her day off again today. She asked me yesterday. She wanted to watch.. volleyball – National Cup. She is a big fan of the game, she plays too during Independence Day celebration every year. For about one month, twice a week or so, I had to let her go around 15:30 to play. She would share the result. I recall her team always won.

I like LIN. She is ‘half man’. Even I often think that she is ‘more man’ than the three boys in the workshop. She is practical, logical, strong (literally has power to lift and climb), and.. has no ‘heart’. She is smart (of course), nice and helpful (customers told me). I like all the qualities she has. I need a robot in shop. Someone nice with no 'heart'.
Ha ha..

She is FRA second shop-keeper. I had other robot before her, only last ten months. An interesting job waited for her when she quitted. I thought I would never get another woman robot. It’s not easy to find eh.. especially robot with femininity to keep an art shop. She came to the interview with nice office outfit and low heeled shoes. Very smart. My heart shrunk. When she agreed to take the job, I reminded her hundred times that this job is ONLY keeping an art shop. Nothing fancy about it. Even she has to clean the restroom bowls (both!). But.. she understood well.

I’m 'lucky'. I met her when crisis just hit. She lost job in a big factory. She needed the job to support mom. Graduated from a uni – mathematic - she is good in book keeping. So easy to guide her (in fact, she guides me more). And this year is her seventh year with FRA. See why I offer her time flexibility? Because she gives me her flexibility too (cos I asked her. Grin). I asked her to give FRA her Saturdays and Sundays. Saturday is the busiest day. Sunday has no substitute.

By the way, she is early forties single and.. (my observation) has no date. She is happy with herself. She spends much time with nieces and nephews. I like to let her take 3-4 days leave every school holiday. Still. Fair enough.


So.. she ‘owns’ FRA. She knows stock by heart. What’s the cost. What’s the price. The last few years I let her do the pricing (with my confirmation). She knows the market better than me. Some people reminded me to be watchful cos she is ‘too good to be true’. I don’t go to details, but I know the big, so far is… handle-able. Cross my fingers.

Uh oh LIN is the star today. Where was I? LIN was off. Okay, I was ‘stranded’ at home. My plan. I worked on PLV blog (with difficulty cos broadband was up-down). I did well for the main frame. I just don’t have photos of PLV merchandise. But that can do later. Hey.. Sunday is PLV second anniversary.

Ugh my back is stiff. I badly need to exercise, the hard one, not just stretching.
I need powerrr..


Note: Photo of Symon's horse, 2002.