Thursday, March 9, 2006

Happy Women's Day!

I do not have office routine for eight years. I do not have rut like a school girl; same time to wake up, same time to shower, same time to leave house,.. But Wednesday now is my new rut. Once a week but.. rut. And this week is special because I went by myself! Meaning: I prepared to open UB myself. It was quite something because it involved many tiny details. A staff helped me for sure. Surprisingly, I moved faster! Now I know what it means to work in a team, we have to follow the rhythm. But on your own, you have your own pace. This morning, I drove faster because I did not have passengers. I unloaded stuffs faster because I held the ‘command’ and I knew what to do. All done in no time! In team, we did it leisurely while chatting, joking, looking at other stalls, entertaining neighbor, eating,... So good, I was happy!

I liked to prepare my week; so I needed to check ATO – UB manager – on Monday or Tuesday whether we were on or not on Wednesday. And typical her, she had not decided until the last minute. But whatever the decision was, I always had scheduled it. This week was a bit awkward with Bu De in hospital and else. ATO was going to cancel it but I had to keep it on! I had to stick to my commitment, not for UB, but more for friends who have confirmed to meet me here today. That was how I ended up going by myself this morning. All three cousins said that they would come later in the afternoon. Hm.

I remember one time, ATO was off n on n off till Tuesday, and then after midnight (early Wednesday) she asked me what was my plan. I knew that she was going to change her mind the last minute. So sorry I have to tell her that I did not schedule my Wednesday for bazaar. UB was off that week. I believe in mood but I do not want to be the ‘slave’ of my mood. I have to set my mood, or I cannot commit and fulfill the commitment. Eh?

Whatever. I had a nice brunch with IT friend, TEG. He had a meeting here since morning and good that he called me yesterday; otherwise we would not have met today. I learned about ‘marketing’ from him this time. I observed him when he told me stories. He bonded with people anywhere, especially when he was in travel. That is something because I cannot do that. I prefer to ‘bond’ with book to ‘close the connection’. He told me that that was not his nature either but he ‘cultivated’ the habit because of his job needs wide network. He got some projects from people he met in lounge or airplane. That is fantastic! It was good to know but open more for me? Not for type of my business. I could get ‘other’ project..

PEN and KAR were in the mall too! I joined them after brunch (they also had early lunch). PEN was the Queen of Oleh-oleh. She bought manyyy. She always bought for somebody else, not for self; knick knack for girls, children clothing, wallet, shawl, handbags, any kinds. She has a cupboard full of it. It is a good idea tho; when she travels, she takes out everything and takes them with her. It gave me idea to extend my oleh-oleh collection because I always ran out of it when traveling.

Today is the hottest day since we moved stall location from the atrium. Atrium is hot because of the hot wind from both sides, hallway is better because it gets aircon from the cafes. But today is special because sun was shining so brightly, so under sunroof is like sunbathing. We almost passed out just walking one way. We longed to have a short nap in aircon-ed Bakerzin while having ice tea and shared cakes. Ooh..

Hey wireless has not worked yet. I do not know why. My yesterday posting is late again -- unintentionally. Sorry. I planned to publish it this morning from here but no time and now wireless kaput. Oh next table can browse. The guy I shared the outlet with asked me to join his table. Man always tries. Ah I should stop now. FAH is coming. Ugh. 17:32

This is one thing that I do not really enjoy being in Wed bazaar. If you meet someone frequently then it becomes like an ‘obligation’. I can make excuses but how long I can stay being ‘impolite’ especially when I do business. Remember what TEG told me this noon about the importance of 'bonding'. Ugh. I did not stay too long tho. Just one lassi while FAH had
sheesha. It was funny when he asked me to try and I refused by saying “No, I am not that adventurous”. He laughed and said that I have told him the biggest lie. Yea.. he was right. I am a bit adventurous actually; I just did not want to do it with… him. Sorry.

We are about to go home now tho it is still 21:00. It was a tiring day, not of the hard work but more of the heat. I spent lots of time with friends, almost all day I realized, and with self. It is good, different! Cousins came very late; I did not spend much time with them.
Day is ended now.


MH:

#15 be a nicer person
#45 meet more happy people
#51 go out for coffee..

FAIL:

#97 own less stuff:
- I bought a wallet with a new character (they said) Emily. I bought it because.. it was very me (I thought, PEN thought, NIL thought); the girl and the cat and the graffiti. Will I use the wallet? I doubt it.

Note: Photos of my new wallet, Emily.