Thursday, January 8, 2009

The past few days I read…


The Greatness Guide Book 2 by Robin Sharma. It’s a reawakening-reading book. He writes about simple things. Thing we have known in life but need Sharma to tap to remind us to be aware of what we do, of what we think. Nice book about 101 short ‘tips’ on life – if I could say that.

So Ideas are worthless he said. I buy his idea that ideation without execution is mere delusion. He continues In other words, an idea, no matter how big, only assumes value when it’s acted upon and brought to life. That’s what I observed this morning in relation with…

Another chapter of Sharma’s book. Leadership shows up when things at work – and in life – test us. Each of us, as a Leader Without Title, must rise to that challenge. We need to shine when things don’t go as planned. And we have to take charge. That’s what I felt in the morning. I had a list of persons to call to clear up some items that have been waiting for my action. I just don’t like it. I don’t like calling people! But these challenges?

So I beat the feeling. I became a "serial dialer" like Paulson known for. I just did it to get the items off the list. I made it! I also made a trip downtown to get more items off. Feel so good. I chatted with some people I know. It was nice to go out and learn from people I met. Thing I know but not enough to kick me out of shell.

Anyway, I’m happy to be a Leader Without Title today. If I could call myself one.

Balinese orchids from Pak Agung to welcome me home the other day. He is one example of a Leader Without Title – in my view.