Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Everything has its own…


…time and place. I concluded it simply because spicy salted nuts I brought from Manila tasted ‘different’ here. I craved for the nuts there but here? It was so different that I didn’t feel like having it. Then I took other examples. Yea, the books I brought also gave me different mood. I browsed them but it’s so cold that I don’t feel like reading it now. Maybe later.

I started the day very well. In high spirit to finish up stuffs I still had from yesterday. I canceled my plan to go out doing errands because of the bogged down unfinished stuffs I kept. Actually, it's because I already have a lot going on in my mind. Ideas ideas ideas…

The chairwoman of the Heritage personally invited me to participate in Art and Photography Exhibition 2009 in March. I forwarded the email to friends I know like to create both art mediums but at the same time I also dug out what I had in my storage. It’s been long I had the idea to expose artwork I made two years ago. So I opened my art blog that has been abandoned long time now. I had one artwork in mind that matches the Images of Indonesia theme.

Browsing through my art blog – Blucolage – I felt like traveling to the old me. I must say I liked my work. It had amazed me how I came to the idea of cutting small pieces of magazine pages. I also gathered fans from other countries those days. It was fun! I collaborated with an artist from Chile that I don’t remember how it started. We contacted each other and just did it! I guess. Anyway…

There are time and place.

The collaboration artwork in question. Please also check out Fiestoforo blog.