Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If it was not because of my online friend…


…I would not have watched Mr. O’s inauguration last night. I don’t have TV and I know that my Internet connection would not be good enough to watch live event online so I didn’t expect anything. Going out and watch together somewhere was not in my agenda since this is not Jakarta where I could just go to a big hotel to meet people.

I chatted with three friends who were waiting for the inauguration to start. I downloaded Flash Player CNN required to watch online without much expectation. I was lucky it seems. I managed to download the player just before the inauguration started. I watched the preparation and Franklin sang although it didn’t run smoothly. I gave up a while after Mr. O started his speech. There’s no point to try to listen since the stream was erratic. I thanked my friend for suggesting me to stay up to watch then resigned to sleep. It was fun to join my online friends who were lucky to have both the Internet and TV.

It seems that I could get good connection last night because the majority of the Internet users were busy in front of TV. On the contrary, I could not get connected almost all day today. Everybody checked out YouTube? Actually I wanted to check out at least the text but… no steady connection. It’s fun to observe how people use the Internet.

I spent half day at home looking after curtains and plants again. A continuation. I haven’t set goals for the year. A friend shared me an online goal tracker. It’s a good idea but I haven’t got items to list. Do I have goals? I do but long-term goals not daily. Do I have habits that need to be tracked? Hm.

Without any goals for the day, I went out in the afternoon. My favorite time to watch happy dogs following their masters in the streets. I checked out Neru and did grocery shopping. I was too late to do other stuffs.

Anyway, I enjoyed the best time to enjoy Ubud.

My living room that looks like an aquarium without curtains.