I hadn’t made up my mind…
…about what to bring to an orphanage on my birthday. Time has been ticking away, I only have one day left to prepare – tomorrow. I called the orphanage manager to find out what the kids need at the moment. A classroom has just been built so that is still empty. They need stuffs for the classroom and their mini library. I also tried to find out about their other activities but nothing is specific. They dance and play not so much music because lack of tutor.
I made myself ready in no time and asked Ayuk to come with me to Denpasar. It was fun ride in hot noon. Glad I brought Ayuk with me. I had no idea what kids need from such a big bookshop. Ayuk helped me with ideas what they need and might like to read. Some books are really interesting. Like history books for kids with time line that has nice graphic. I could not resist but buy a set for myself. I told Ayuk I am more than ready to relearn world history now, to refresh what I have known for I have the interest now unlike when I was in elementary school. Ayuk laughed. She picked up an English dictionary for herself and before I realized I stood there in the bookshop tutoring her English grammar. I might need to have an English session with her. I could see she has the interest.
I had nice day with Ayuk and nice evening with my jeweler friends in Sanur in the evening. Yes, I drove downtown twice today. It was fun and not fun. Actually I enjoyed it very much driving the narrow and winding road of Singapadu. So much challenge to share the road with motor bikers, people went to temples with offerings, and dogs. It was a nice dinner as usual. My friend was excited that she’s going to be a grandma this year and the other son won an award for his documentary movie. I could see how proud they are as parents. Lucky kids, lucky parents.
While I keep thinking of how to share a bit of happiness with lucky kids without parents.
Kids could totally be themselves anytime anywhere.