Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I could hardly breathe…


…this morning. I didn’t realize that I had a mountain Everest homework before I leave tomorrow. I had to run numbers in Excel for my staff; then label each piece of jewelry to display in Neru; and then the usual daily ritual like did laundry and online banking, replied emails, and talked with a good friend on phone!

I thought I had had a long morning since I started very early. I had not. I felt like I had no time. I often felt that way – like I don’t have enough time to do this and that. So I reviewed what had happened while waiting for my air ticket to be ready. I was sweaty and caught breath.

I think I know. I’d like to rush things because I want to do things the soonest. I want to make sure I don’t run out of time so I do everything quick quick like there’s no tomorrow, there’s no next hour. I’m quite forgetful so I have to make sure everything is done now.

I spent half afternoon in Neru. I redecorated the window display with my friend’s jewelry. Mine haven’t been ready. I thought I had time to prepare. No. I only stay in Ubud one week, even my laundry from the past trip haven’t done all yet.

Glad I have time for myself in the end. I have nice evening after ironing and packing. Getting ready for another morning run to airport. Tomorrow.

A warung near my house that is a superb place to unwind after a whirlwind day.