It’s another day out…

…for Dhana and me. We took my friend to Eyang’s neighborhood to take pictures of old houses and buildings. Eyang lived in an old housing complex that has art deco style. Some houses have been rebuilt into completely new (I hate to say) ugly although luxury houses, some have gone through minor changes to keep the original style, and some looked abandoned which are better than seeing new no-style houses.
It was nice morning. We had noodle before took my friend to airport. We had a hilarious discussion in car about… Facebook vs. blog! It was so fun that we had different view about both ways of connecting with people. It started when my friend said that he enjoyed checking out his Facebook so much lately since he got many new connections from friends of the past. Dhana and I were like… eewww!
He could not understand our point of not wanting to connect, we don’t see his point why we should mix our networks. It was a really hot discussion with lots of laughter in our part because he could not see ours. He thought blogging is an awful way to be 'naked'. He forgot that with blogging we have so much control about how we want people to see us but with Facebook? I gave him an ugly example of what happens if we happen to befriend with someone who has improper lifestyle in her/his other network that then people associate her/his improper behavior with us? When we got airport, the discussion died down that I thought… my friend finally got a little bit of our point.
We had another mild hot discussion while waiting for call to board. I was not happy to realize that I was intrigued to be in such discussion. Travelers with slight limitation in seeing things, I should leave him alone. I shared with Dhana that whatever inconvenience I felt, I actually had a good time having a friend with different point of view because then we have some things to discuss. With Dhana who often thinks alike, we don’t have much stuff to discuss.
It’s Dhana’s birthday. He added butter sauce to his Red Velvet cake in the morning but we haven’t had a chance to have it since we were home with full tummy this evening. Dhana wanted to keep his birthday tradition with Mama – dinner at a pizza place with the whole family in Malang. There were ten of us this evening. It was hilarious.
What a full days! I look forward to having a quieter day tomorrow.
My favorite house since I was a kid that looked abandoned the past years.