Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It’s different place.


Tomorrow is Eid. I didn’t realize until I got many Eid greetings from friends and relatives through text messages. Ah. My first Eid away from hometown and it’s going to be different Eid this year. No morning with Mama busy preparing the day. By the way, no melancholy. I just share a portrait. I’m careful about sharing nowadays.

I felt ashamed. I cried because I was happy to leave Jakarta. A friend told us about her farewell party a few weeks ago. She and her husband are happy new Ubudian now, finally, after almost three years waiting for the mega house to be ready. My good friend who still lives in Jakarta but had visited Ubud four times this year (I must say because of me), her husband, and I visited them in their new place this noon.

We did house tour. Like in other house tours, I learned how people come to an idea then materialize it into a nest. It’s very interesting because a house shows very much the personality of its occupants. So my friend’s house. Simple, clean, straight. Like the couple.

It’s already four o’clock. My friend’s husband announced in the car on the way back. I could not believe. We spent five good hours together. Our light lunch turned out to be heavy and took three hours before ended a hot and fun discussion about living in three countries in a year.

Back home, I prepared my stay in a part-time house in other city. I’m not one who lives in different countries in a year but could not help spending some days in at least four different cities now. It seems.

Picture of the new house we visited today.